Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 28mm 2.8 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Nikon 28mm 2.8 AIS Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that all the AIS one's were close focus and that it was mid-AI that they swapped designs?

I think the one I've just picked up on a second chance offer is the close focus - the listing only stated AIS and the picture wasn't clear as to how far round the focus went down. Seemed worth a go for just over ?40 with clean glass and just minor barrel wear. I like the E series I've got, but it's a like rather than real love...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20cm close focus version is the best generally an expensive lens, but now a British seller "silexmajor" sell a lot (if I remembers as well) and price can be really cheap. 30cm version is less good lens and less expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 20cm is a real beauty - sharp and the close focussing is marvellous. Remember the E series was deliberately chosen to be a "consumer" range and made use of plastic at a time when most of the range was mounted in brass. It is extraordinary how good most of that range was, and some specific lenses like the 100/2.8E are actually far better than they have any right to be.

That price is a steal whichever version it is.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks - I'll await it's arrival eagerly.

@Attila - yes it's silexmajor I bought from - he seems to have aquired a massive stock of 28mm's Shocked

@patrickh - I like the 100mm E Series a lot, the 28mm E I find very competent (better than the AF version) just not stunning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived on Saturday. A couple of light cleaning marks in the coating on the front element but nothing to worry about. 20cm is wonderfully close and the close correction doesn't seem to have an adverse effect on distance shots. Sample pictures soon...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!I look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the price paid it was a major case of larceny!Do enjoy this lovely lens - it is by far the best of a fairly mediocre bunch by nikkor standards, if you include the AF version

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed a few shots yesterday morning before the cloud rolled in...

I'm particularly impressed with it's close performance - this is wide open close up - reduced in size but otherwise straight from the camera:

More shots in the MFL Gallery.