Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 200mm f/4 AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Nikon 200mm f/4 AI Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone have the Nikon 200mm f/4 AI lens? I'm trying to find the diameter of the built in lens hood and also the diameter or the area just under the lens hood. Also, is the lens hood removable? If not easily removable, can it be removed with minor disassembling of parts?

Just emphasizing that it is for the AI model, not AIS, Q, or any other similar model, since I don't know that they are really the same.

I'm going to attach something to that area, either to the hood or preferably under it, since I don't need the hood (but I can't have it pulled out).

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon 200mm f/4 AI Reply with quote

clarnibass2 wrote:
Hi

Does anyone have the Nikon 200mm f/4 AI lens? I'm trying to find the diameter of the built in lens hood and also the diameter or the area just under the lens hood. Also, is the lens hood removable? If not easily removable, can it be removed with minor disassembling of parts?

Just emphasizing that it is for the AI model, not AIS, Q, or any other similar model, since I don't know that they are really the same.

I'm going to attach something to that area, either to the hood or preferably under it, since I don't need the hood (but I can't have it pulled out).

Thanks

The lens hood outer diameter is 60.8mm
Lens diameter under hood is 56mm

I've never tried removing it, but the hood has a small hole which when rotated to the right spot will line up with a small screw. I believe you loosen/remove the screw, and the ring that holds the hood in place can be removed along with the hood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, yes that's exactly what I wanted to know.