Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkormat FT3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Nikkormat FT3 Reply with quote

The first SLR that I ever saw in person was a Nikkormat FT that the youth pastor in our church circa 1970 had. Gosh, I wanted a camera like that! I was stuck with my old Canon QL17, which in retrospect was a great camera.

Anyway, the years passed and in 1978 I bought my first Nikon body, an F2 that I still own. Many bodies later, I still had never owned a Nikkormat, until I saw one recently for sale with a Nikkor 50mm f1.4.

Now I own an FT3! Still working on the first roll, but very excited to use this old workhorse.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an FT2, it really did feel nice in hands.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of this with a 50mm on it. It's a little beat up, but everything works and the case is in pretty good condition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah!
The one and only Nikkormat with AI-coupling! (mention: EL2 is a "Nikon")

Good buying, congrats!
In the late seventies we had to pay an extra of 50 Deutschmarks for the "professional black" versions comparing the chromium bodys.

Nice camera from good old times
Thomas

Last edited by duckrider on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned a few different Nikkormats over the years, but my favorite has always been the FT3 because of its AI meter coupling style. Finally picked up a clean one from Goodwill's auction site last year. I don't recall now what I paid for it, but it wasn't much. Came with a late pre-AI 50/1.4 with a Nikon AI kit. Here's a shot of mine:

I picked it up for cheap because it needed a bit of work. You'll note in this shot it's missing a strap lug and a piece of leatherette is coming off. I glued the leatherette back on. I also had a parts Nikkormat that I was able to remove a strap lug from and install it on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice addition, Gaeger. I used an FT3 as my basic, go to film camera for years. The FT3 is gone, but I still have my Nikon F2. These are great mechanical cameras which take any Nikkor manual lens, pre-AI, AI or AIS. I hope you have the great luck I had with this memory maker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of images with the Nikkormat. I like the placement of the shutter ring, easy to adjust on the fly. I haven't used it a lot, but have taken a few rolls with it.

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS, Nikkormat FT3, Fujicolor 400 film.

Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AIS, Nikkormat FT3, Fujicolor 400 film.