Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-S.C 5 cm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-S.C 5 cm f/1.4 Reply with quote

Nikkor-S.C 5 cm f/1.4 featuring 7 elements in 3 groups, 12 diaphragm blades and a minimum focusing distance of 90 cm.

Manufactured between 1950 and 1962 and weighing 152 g (chromed version) or 143 g (black colour version), it was the first lens for 24 x 36 mm format in the world boasting a maximum luminosity of f/1.4 and features Nikon S bayonet, albeit it was also manufactured in screwmount Leica, Contax bayonet and Exakta mount. ( taken from: http://elrectanguloenlamano.blogspot.co.at/2014/07/nikon-s-beginning-of-success.html )

Nikkor-S .C f1.4 5cm by Andreas, on Flickr

an interesting article about this lens: http://www.dantestella.com/technical/nikoleic.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply love those old Nikkors Very Happy

I have the f/2 in LTM and the drawing is fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful ! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I simply love those old Nikkors Very Happy

I have the f/2 in LTM and the drawing is fantastic.

It's my first Nikkor rangefinder lens, one that has had my interest since a while. I had aimed to get a LTM version and, because the f1.4 in LTM is quite costly, thought that it will be the f2 but in the end could not resist when I had found this f1.4 S mount version in very good condition but rel. cheap price.

Now I shall try to make my self made Contax to E mount adapter work better, resp. will look into remaking it into a Contax to Leica M mount adapter and then hopefully will use my Contax mount lenses more often. I really like how small these lenses are but one issue that I am still facing is how to protect the rear of my Contax rangefinder lenses, do you have any suggestion?

btw. the photos of the Nikkor shown above had been taken with a Helios 103, a great performer for little money in Contax mount.

first samples photos, taken at close focus distances with my self made adapter on NEX5n, look promising, one of them:

first trial Nikkor-S.C f1.4/5cm by Andreas, on Flickr

there are 2 sample pics more in it's set now, future takes will be added there too: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157652722699934

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
So beautiful ! Congrats!!

thank you Attila, it's a beautiful lens and it must be pretty much the smallest f1.4 lens for 36×24 there is