Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q Auto 400mm f4.5 first try
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-Q Auto 400mm f4.5 first try Reply with quote

Hi,

Today I have received a new toy : a Nikon to EOS adapter ring. So now I'm able to use the only one Nikon lens I have so far - still don't have any Nikon body.

It's not an usual lens I must admit, so when I went home late this evening, I couldn't have any subject to do some test, but the moon was here and the sky was almost clear...

A full frame resize with some post-processing:

A 100% crop :

Guess this Nikon lens ?

Last edited by Flor27 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 300mm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a bit short my friend ! Smile

Hint : I said "unusual" ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea, but congratulations, you will much enjoy Nikkor lenses on your camera.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it's late so no more competitor ... here is the answer : it's a Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-Q Auto 1:4,5 f=400mm (see more on www.mir.com.my).

I don't know yet if I would keep it or resell, but it's a really "fine" piece of optic, nicely build and finished, I got it complete with caps and his wood box.

For sure I am happy to have opened my dSLR to the wide Nikon lenses world !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I never heard of it I just guess this is shorter than an 500mm mirror lens. Please publish later some day time photos too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will, for sure ! It's an old Nikon Lens (64~73). I had a chance to grab this at reasonable price on eBay because it was local takeout only.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks impressive piece of glass!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a far from common lens Shocked

Nice shots