Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Nikkor lenses Reply with quote

Hello all
Today I had to drive to Seattle for work. On my way home I stopped at my camera techs shop for a visit. He had a Nikkor 55 1.2 AI for $250. I think the price is good as the glass and functin of this lens is as new although the body looks it's age. I sold my last nikon gear last year. My only use for this lens would be on the 40D and a future FF 5DmII or maybe 1ds. My question is, Is there any trouble mounting "any" old Nikkor lenses with an adapter? In other words can any Nikkor lens be adapted to cannon digi? This lens is in great user condition. Also I would like to give more biz to my tech as the times have taken a toll on old school camera techs and they need our support. Thanks in advance for any input.

Andy Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris. Yes, I checked out basic function it's perfect. If this was a purchase for native mount it would be a no brainer. The lens is in great shape and only shows it was well used not abused. I have never seen such nice glass on such a heavy use lens. This indicates to me that it was a good performer and well taken care of despite being often mounted.

Smile Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my indoor lens, really keeper and price is right. So don't hesitate take it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very fair price and good glass but well used is always a good indicator. I know the odd Nikkor has minor mirroe clearance issues on some Canon bodies, with the tab by the rear element but I think that's mainly wide angles, in any case it can be ground down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it - it's a really lovely lens and the price is reasonable. I dont think there will be any problem mounting it - my 40D arrives early next week and I shall be able to check some of the pre-ai mounts on the adapter which arrived yesterday (chipped version). Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I think I will go for it for sure. Patrickh, it's great to hear you are getting the 40D. I finally got the EFS focus screen for mine. It took a couple months to arrive. If you want one B&H has them in stock now. From what I understand they will go fast and have been hard to get from canon. It is a great cam you will love it. Now you can mount contax and zuiko. Watch out for your wallet. Wink

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it! Good price and great lens!

I love my pre-AI Nikkor-S.C 1.2/55 at my EOS350D (for many reasons!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered an adapter. Next week I will be back in Seattle to pick up lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I just ordered an adapter. Next week I will be back in Seattle to pick up lens Very Happy

Call them to keep it for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Call them to keep it for you.

I did they pulled it off the shelf for me. Wow I have made a lot of lens purchases in the last month. I will be selling some of my unused gear in the next couple of weeks. Next week I will post a list in "market place". In case anyone wants anything before I ebay it. Mostly zooms but some nice ones and some Kiron/Vivitar S1, and Yashica ML primes.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
Which Kiron/Vivitar S1 ? Nikon mount?

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Scott, it is C/Y mount on all that I have. One each 28-85 f2.8 Kiron made, 28-90 2.8 Komine, and a 28-105 f2.8 Cosina. Also a 19-35 cosina. All are C/Y mount.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the first two in Nikon mount...Well, I tried...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a "1984-1985 year" price-list in a local shop. Nikkor 55/1.2, Canon FD S.S.C 55/1.2, OM f1.2,... were in the same price: ~150 pound. And Canon FD L 55/1.2 was ~ 250 pound.