Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor AIS 2.5/105 on the 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Nikkor AIS 2.5/105 on the 5D Reply with quote

This together with the MIR-24N (and now that I have given the Kaleinar to Carsten) is the lens that I own from the longer time. Yet, I never tried it on the 5D so far.
Today I did, judge for yourself:

full image resized:

full image original size, not sharpened:
www.orio.ws/temp/_MG_1127_2.jpg
note that your browser will probably shrink the image.

I am afraid that this will be the last of full size uploads that I can make. Tomorrow, my orio.ws account at 0catch expires, and I am not renewing it, because it costs me 100 Euros per year the hosting only (plus the domain renew).
The other domains that I have will need most of the available space for their main purpose, and the hosting sites like imageshack don't host pictures as large as a 5D full frame. Attila's size limit is also smaller than the full frame of 5D, so I'm a bit short on alternatives now. In any case, I will keep posting 100% crops.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikkor 105 is indeed a great lens. All sample we see are first class.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor AIS 2.5/105 on the 5D Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I am afraid that this will be the last of full size uploads that I can make. Tomorrow, my orio.ws account at 0catch expires, and I am not renewing it, because it costs me 100 Euros per year the hosting only (plus the domain renew).
The other domains that I have will need most of the available space for their main purpose, and the hosting sites like imageshack don't host pictures as large as a 5D full frame. Attila's size limit is also smaller than the full frame of 5D, so I'm a bit short on alternatives now. In any case, I will keep posting 100% crops.

What about hosting own?
I host my own gallery page where is no size limits... Just my own hard drive is the limit for the photos.
It's running on my own linux server at home...
It's not sucking my speed... I just share the amount speed I want for it...
8mb down 3mb up is enough speed at home for host also some servers...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor AIS 2.5/105 on the 5D Reply with quote

tanheis wrote:

What about hosting own?

My computer is not turned on 24hrs/day. Every single person must be conscious of the environment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor AIS 2.5/105 on the 5D Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
tanheis wrote:

What about hosting own?

My computer is not turned on 24hrs/day. Every single person must be conscious of the environment.

I don't mean your work computer...
I run server which doesn't have monitor... only the computer...
No CD or DVD roms... only hard-drive... And not fast computer...
Ancient Pentium II 266Mhz.... It doesn't need much power...
Did you know that latest gaming PC... Only 3D card uses a lot more power
than my whole server PC.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always Flickr - which doesn't cost very much a year and is great fun? Meanwhile, the Nikkor 105mm is one of my favourite lenses - one of my earliest too!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
There's always Flickr - which doesn't cost very much a year and is great fun?

Well that server at home doesn't cost anything... I have about 15 of those older computers in my storage room... Wink

Possible to get even 1.5Ghz computers for free... Smile
I get 20gb and 40gb hard-drives free also...
All of the come from differend companies which get new stuff.

Software is free and I still pay for internet every month...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet does Flicker allow to host pictures as large as 4368x2912 ?

-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory Flickr doesn't limit pixel size but it does limit you to 10mb per file which can be limiting...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A crop from 100% size, this time with sharpening applied:

To have the idea of distance and proportions refer to full image.
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have plenty of space on mflenses.com I can set in your member gallery unlimited size no problem. Let me know if you accept my offer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have plenty of space on mflenses.com I can set in your member gallery unlimited size no problem. Let me know if you accept my offer.

Ok thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 105/2.5 is truly a legendary lens. Thanks for the sample Orio

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I've always been tempted by the slightly more contrasty 105 2.8 AIS, but looking at this shot I think I'll need both Smile