Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 80-200mm f/4.5 (old version) on Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 80-200mm f/4.5 (old version) on Sony A7 Reply with quote

I really like this lens. It costed me 20$ + shipping costs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot to like about those.
Good old Nikkors - ever reliable
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these -- I don't recall anymore if mine is the first or second version. Like almost all Nikkor 80-200/4.5s, mine is prone to zoom collar slippage -- a lot -- but that doesn't really bother me. I've owned mine for -- well, probably around 27 year or so. The reason why I've kept it is because it is a solid performer -- as your photos show very clearly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I have one of these -- I don't recall anymore if mine is the first or second version. Like almost all Nikkor 80-200/4.5s, mine is prone to zoom collar slippage -- a lot -- but that doesn't really bother me. I've owned mine for -- well, probably around 27 year or so. The reason why I've kept it is because it is a solid performer -- as your photos show very clearly.

Same 'problem' here. I had several Vivitar 70-210/3.5's in the past that had the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Yes - mine is the same.
It is impossible to hold focal length if it is pointed down.
Optically, it is wonderful in spite of the zoom creep - in this case probably should be called zoom-run!
T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, zoom run is probably more apropos. Mine has virtually no resistance when I zoom in and out. But I knew that about the 80-200/4.5s when I bought it some 27 year ago or so -- and yes, it slipped as bad when I bought it as it does now -- so at least it hasn't gotten any worse!

From what I've read, it isn't all that difficult taking care of the slippage problem. I've just never bothered. If I have it and a camera mounted on a tripod, which is tilted away from horizontal, I use a wide rubber band to hold the collar in place. Easy, and best of all -- cheap!