Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 28mm 2.0 AI´d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 28mm 2.0 AI´d Reply with quote

grandma and grandson, the owner of my often visited lunch restaurant

little Karl checking what i do in grandmas pub

view out of the pub

in my showroom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I have the same lens and it's excellent Smile Sharp at all apertures and fantastic colours!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cosy feeling!

Yes, I have the Nikkor, too. A lens, that I can trust to deliver. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!

I have the AI version, and I use it more than any other lens I have. It's one of the few lenses I have that can be relied on to do anything I ask, and do it well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very good at people pix, but I do a lot of documentary photos for work and for my own edification. As I said, this is one of my favorite lenses, and it's certainly my most used. Here's an example of how sharp the 28/2 can be. I have other lenses that are as sharp or sharper, but not at such wide apertures (except for my Nikkor 50/1.2 Ai, which is incredibly sharp at f/4 and below). The upper pic is the original shot, unaltered, unenhanced, simply reduced to 1024px wide. This was shot with the 28/2 on a D700 at f/2.8, using an SP400 bounce flash. In retrospect, I should have focused farther back on the table and taken it at f/4 or f/5.6 for greater depth of field, so the chart would have been in better focus. Oh, well. Live and learn.

This is a 100% crop, as taken from the camera, unenhanced. Yup, it's from the center of the photo, and there are more modern lenses that are sharper in the corners. However, in this picture, which is 3-dimensional (as are most pictures), the corners are out of focus anyway, so it becomes irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens fine shots

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suuuper old tools - i cannot start with that - it would take Attilas server down...i have so much of this old stuff
Think the 28 Nikon is a perfect lens for these kind of pictures

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images. The young boy seemed suspicious of the camera. Laughing