Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS Reply with quote

Superb sharp lens with great color rendering.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors! Nice combo, that lens + Olympus!!! How does this lens
compare (besides running more money) to the more available Nikon 28/2.8? A lot better, or just slightly?

All these are excellent but the colors in #2 really pop!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 28mm 3.5 AI , this lens is lot better, price is not too high sometimes, I paied around $150

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the pre-AI version of the 2.8/24 from Orio and I think that even this "older" lens is excellent! I love it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No difference beetwen versions all are one of the highest rated wide-angle Nikkor lens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some difference in optical design, but nuch much in performance. Wink

Pre-AI:
"The performance of this Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 designed for the reflex Nikon cameras was indeed outstanding and it has become an instant hit among many Nikon users who has long been long for a good, high performance wideangle lens at this focal length."

Then, AI:
"On the other hand, the one-stop slower Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 lens which also enjoyed rave reviews over the years was almost a decade old by then. Similarly, it has also been given a thoroughly upgrade optically. It has a new optical formulation comprising of 9 elements in 9 groups instead of the previous version that used a 9 elements in 7 groups design.
The optical formula used in this upgrade has, since then remains that way until now despite the evolution of Ai-S and AF that followed. Anyway, combining the best good price/performance ratio, the 24mm f/2.8 remains an immensely popular lens.
"

Finally:
"For years, this lens has remained as clear favourite among many Nikon photographers."

All quotes taken from: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/ [ff]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, guys! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first one seems to have lost some shadow detail, I prefer the composition to 3 but I prefer 3's metering. Nice sharpness on all of them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try with Nikkor lens. This 24mm is the older version. I think it is sharp!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sharp indeed is it f2.8 too ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many Kiron lens, I tell you professional Nikkor lenses like this one is much better an more easier to get it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent details on the photos. Shame I cannot mount Nikkors on my Pentax.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sqwall, hopefully you had great holiday I missed you here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iha, lovely shot! Love the OOF areas, too!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have many Kiron lens, I tell you professional Nikkor lenses like this one is much better an more easier to get it.

You know, my Nikkors really surprised my recently.
I know that most manual lenses perform well in Av mode, but some days ago, I forgot to turn from "P" (for the quick shots of my daughter) to Av when I a changed the Sigma to a Nikkor. So I shot several picture in "P" mode with the Nikkor - and they all were perfectly exposed!
Can it be that my AF-confirm adapter did that? Or was I just lucky?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I think the main advantage of confirmation chip is,
-> can use other modes too.
-> You can use any focussing point
-> and the E-TTL works flawless (It is said, but I rarely use flash.. so cant be confirmed).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I know that most manual lenses perform well in Av mode, but some days ago, I forgot to turn from "P" (for the quick shots of my daughter) to Av when I a changed the Sigma to a Nikkor. So I shot several picture in "P" mode with the Nikkor - and they all were perfectly exposed!

With a chipped adapter the EOS's P mode is equivalent of the A mode (your camera tried to adjust both aperture and time but can't adjust aperture so it adjusts time only, making the P mode equivalent of A)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks. I thought so...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wish there were chipped adapters for Oly 4/3! Sad I guess I'll have
to live vicariously thru you Canonites. But I'm getting damn envious! Laughing