Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS Reply with quote

Latest purchase for testing, seems now I am crazy about Nikkor AIS lenses, any experience ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had the pre-AI version, which I sold to Carsten.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Capten Carsten love it If I remember as well. I found this from Mr. Bj?rn R?rslett. http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_wide.html

Nikon released its major achievement, CRC (Close Range Correction) with this lens in 1968 and it got a well-deserved popularity in the years afterwards. There have been a number of versions of this 24 mm lens, the first without multi-coating and f/16 as minimum aperture, the next multi-coated but still f/16, and the later versions (AI, AIS) going to f/22. Nikon has made several changes to the optical formula during the long life-span of this lens, which still is on Nikon's price list. Earlier versions flared less easily, but could produce quite visible ghosting when employed under strongly backlit situations. Newer versions flare more easily, but the resistance to ghosting has improved provided the lens is well stopped down. It gives very sharp images corner-to-corner even at the near limit thanks to CRC, but beware of field curvature if you are shooting perfectly flat subjects at close range. Some light fall-off towards the corners is evident at f/2.8 and gone by f/4-f/5.6. Set the lens to f/5.6-f/11 to get the best picture quality, but do not stop down to f/22 unless absolutely necessary. It provides excellent results when an ultra-thin K1 ring is added, and gives good results with a 4T close-up lens if some corner softness is accepted. The 24/2.8 MF Nikkor is a classic lens in the Nikon line and one that remains a dependable workhorse to this day.

more here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's true. I kind of love it. It's a great lens.
You will enjoy it, Attila.

P.S.: But don't call me "Capten" (=Captain?). Wink I was just a lance corporal in the Army. Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a great lens... I got this lens scratched, front and back element..
Just yesterday I captured few in our complex..
rusty world...

This is the whole set,
http://flickr.com/photos/asbalyan/sets/72157600043123942/

enjoy the great lens...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other pictures are nicer Smile it has great color rendering.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first one, with the building in the sunset!