Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2/135mm AIS and D800
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 2/135mm AIS and D800 Reply with quote

Like the 3D capabilities of this lens. Below few samples from this afterhoon.

Nikon D800 and Nikkor 2/135mm AIS

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly cold WB in these samples, eh?

The lens is splendid on the D800. Not all lenses reward D800 users with professional quality detail already wide open, but this is one of them. If you find one, get it - if you are using a small crop sensor camera or full frame does not matter: this lens is an investment in the future. Most lenses do not pass the test of 36mpix sensors but this one does, with honours.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice indeed, great lens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty brilliant!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This and its sister the 105/2 are eminently desirable lenses, whatever your camera. Shots do real justice to the lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
This and its sister the 105/2 are eminently desirable lenses, whatever your camera. Shots do real justice to the lens

patrickh

+1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you living far from this place ? the lens is heavy Smile
nice shots, even for an untypical use of this lens

patrickh wrote:
patrickh

the 105 F2 is an AF lens, you probably mean the 105mm F 1.8. Taking it for a walk the 105 is much more pleasant and using it in the street it is more discret, but nevertheleas the 135 is a fascinating big piece of glass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful bokeh, I would like to see the optical scheme of this lens and compare it with the Planar 2/135 Contax.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Beautiful bokeh, I would like to see the optical scheme of this lens and compare it with the Planar 2/135 Contax.

Hi Orio

the optical scheme is here:

http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Nikkor_lenses_by_Sei_Matsui/00_pag.htm

tf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Orio wrote:

Hi Orio
http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Nikkor_lenses_by_Sei_Matsui/00_pag.htm
tf

Thanks Stan. Marco shows the scheme of an "ED" lens, is it the same lens that you used Rolf?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own this lens

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/135mmnikkor/135mm2.htm

not sure, whether there was a lens named xx/135mm ED.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
trifox wrote:
Orio wrote:

Hi Orio
tf

Thanks Stan. Marco shows the scheme of an "ED" lens, is it the same lens that you used Rolf?

I believe that is exactly the same formula like in the Rolf's lens:

Marco Cavina:

mir.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ED lens is the 180 mm. Rolf's lens is the 135 mm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same lens I bought from you some month ago Stan.

This is only the AIS version

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
The ED lens is the 180 mm. Rolf's lens is the 135 mm.

Yeah, sleepy me Rolling Eyes
The scheme looks enough similar to the Contax Planar indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Nikon describes its lens as an Ernostar derivative. So does Marco Cavina who carefully distinguishes it from the Sonnar and Planar designs. The Contax lens is of course a Planar.