Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 180mm Ai-s assembly help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Nikkor 180mm Ai-s assembly help Reply with quote

I've cleaned and assembled some shorter Nikkor lenses before and the constructions have been quite straightforward and easy to put back together. This 180/2.8 ED Ai-s seems to be something else and I've already spent hours trying to assemble it.

The trouble is with the double helicoil construction. I have the lens basically in three parts now:
1. The front section with the optical parts and the focusing helicoils to connect to focusing ring.
2. Focusing with the double helicoils to connect to the front part and the other helicoils to connect these two parts to back section of the lens.
3. This has the silver part with three screws (that I have removed) and the whole back section with aperture rings, bayonet and the control levers sticking out.

Am I missing something because the levers always seem to stuck to the optical part and I cant screw the helicoids back together. Or do I have to disassemble the back part of the lens even further? Without the front part I can easily put the focusing ring on the right place so that infinity focus is possible.

Thank you for your help already! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some detailed pictures and load them here.
Maybe somebody will come with some ideas.
Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I tried taking apart even the bayonet, but it didn't seem to help either. Smile

Here's a picture of the situtation now. I can get the focusing ring properly either to the bayonet part or the front part, but then connecting them together is the problem. Basically the construction came apart when I removed the three screws from the silver ring and I started rotating the focusing ring. Then it wouldnt go back. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

have You tried Nikon Repair Yahoo group or Classic Camera Repair Forum?

I found a thread about 180 mm AI lens disassembly:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/6899/6682.html?1150896728