Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkon Nikkor Q-C 13.5cm 3.5 S mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Nikkon Nikkor Q-C 13.5cm 3.5 S mount Reply with quote

Got this rangefinder lens by chance. First physical impression: long! quite a long lens. It is Nikon S mount. Put on my A7ii and had some test shots. Wide open sharpness, good enough for me, but perhaps a tad less sharper than the Schneider 135mm f/3.5 (a lens I recently got as well). One small complaint is changing the aperture also rotate the lens barrel, essentially changing the focus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lens looks very much like 135/4 Sonnar and Jupiter 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

In fact it is a Sonnar design and not a bad one. I've got the same lens in LTM/M39. It's hardly to distuingish from the CZ Sonnar and the Jupiter 11 (I've got all of them).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

In fact it is a Sonnar design and not a bad one. I've got the same lens in LTM/M39. It's hardly to distuingish from the CZ Sonnar and the Jupiter 11 (I've got all of them).

That's what I read on the internet as well. So you think its performance is quite close to CZ Sonnar and Jupiter 11? I heard Jupiter 11 is very sharp. But I found this Nikkor is not as sharp as I expected, although it is good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
That's what I read on the internet as well. So you think its performance is quite close to CZ Sonnar and Jupiter 11? I heard Jupiter 11 is very sharp. But I found this Nikkor is not as sharp as I expected, although it is good enough.

Well, at least my copies are very close and hardly to distuingish. You may also bear in mind that these lenses are all very old and may have some sample variations. However, both of my old Jupiter-11 in M39 (LTM and Zenit) are performing equally sharp.
Only the old Leitz Elmar 135/4 in M39/LTM is a tack better and still unbeaten, but this lens is a different design. I've compared all of them and some others as well.
Therefore, if you really want to look for a better alternative, the Elmar would be strongly recommended. Still a fantastic lens, even for todays standards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Well, at least my copies are very close and hardly to distuingish. You may also bear in mind that these lenses are all very old and may have some sample variations. However, both of my old Jupiter-11 in M39 (LTM and Zenit) are performing equally sharp.
Only the old Leitz Elmar 135/4 in M39/LTM is a tack better and still unbeaten, but this lens is a different design. I've compared all of them and some others as well.
Therefore, if you really want to look for a better alternative, the Elmar would be strongly recommended. Still a fantastic lens, even for todays standards.

Thanks for the information. Didn't mean to get a better copy. Perhaps I can a copy of Jupiter 11 to compare if there is a chance.

In terms of build quality, this lens is really top notch. At least the focus feel is definitely super smooth with right about of resistance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clean images.

Love them

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend gave me a copy of this lens as a gift for some guidance I’d been giving him with his photography, knowing I’d been recently getting into these old RF lenses. I use it via an adapter on my Nikon Z cameras. Honestly, I was shocked at how well it performs! I haven’t used it a ton yet but it has been a lot of fun. I’ll see if I can find some photos to share here also.