Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Niagara Trip with MF lenses...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Niagara Trip with MF lenses... Reply with quote

Was without internet connection for last 4-5 days... But not without camera.. although the people with us were hoping for that...
We went to Niagara Falls.. one of the real natural beauty in US/Canada...
I was not allowed to take tripod and not more than 2 lens (one on camera and one extra lens)... Crying or Very sad

These are some results... Captured RAW.. but I am not very comfortable wit RAW yet.. learning.. so many things to learn...

All captured with CZJ Flek 35mm f2.4 (@~f7).

There is a shake in some, as captured from boat...

Too busy these days, will post more pics latter...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why B&W mate ? On the last one I see evidence of great colors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niagara is very different place... one mile from Falls, you have really great colors in water, clear water... But at falls, its all mist.... lot of time, you dont even see the water/ground.... That made the contrast very low.. still some pics are really vibrant.. I am going to capture from card and post those...
still 100+ official mails to read and reply.. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that ... enjoy your mails Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(You can browse the bigger and/or original size by clicking on the these pics)

Some colors in mist....

Captured with Jupiter-21M 200mm f/4

All these with CZJ Flek 35/2.4

The size/amount of mist can be guessed with this..

And one more B/W conversion... Twisted Evil

Last edited by Ballu on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of images, Ballu. It must really be a spectacular place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice set of images, Ballu. It must really be a spectacular place.

Yes, Orio... its really awesome place to visit. The view from Canada is great, but some how I like US side too... Lot of places to walk around.. more like a park feeling.. b ut from US you cant get the full view of main fall.

These are main falls (captured from boat. From Canada side, you can see the whole arc...). These are on Canada side...

And these are on US Side... (there is an Island in between these 2 falls... part of US),

Still, can get some nice point for pics from US side, (Sims.... Even doesnt like B&W pics... Let see what will happen tomorrow Wink Shocked )..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for color pictures, this is a nice place !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thanks for color pictures, this is a nice place !

Few more.. this time, Super Takumar 50mm f1.4..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive shots.

I think a few of them are very good raw material to add some dramatic tone mapping effects.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the latest one are fantastic ! How did you modify them ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hey the latest one are fantastic ! How did you modify them ?

No.. no modification... We stayed near Falls (on US side). We reached falls around the evening time. Took a walk at night with Tak 50/1.4 lens (was allowed only one lens (Razz Crying or Very sad ). The Falls are illuminated with different (changing/rotating) lights from Canada side.

All other pics are taken next day with Flek and some with Jupiter-21M (was allowed to take 2 lenses).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Impressive shots.

I think a few of them are very good raw material to add some dramatic tone mapping effects.

Michael

Thanks...

I am just a novice in digital editing...(Frankly, I dont even know how to do or even start for tone mapping)... I will love to see some results... (if someone wants, can try any of these pics)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:

Thanks...

I am just a novice in digital editing...(Frankly, I dont even know how to do or even start for tone mapping)... I will love to see some results... (if someone wants, can try any of these pics)

For real tone mapping you need a hdr image which is conversed into a tonemapped ldr (low dynamic range). You can make a hdr with various software from a series of images with different lighting or at least a raw file. From a jpeg alone it's not possible.
I can only lift the micro-contrast a little bit to show a roughly nearing o how a tonemapped version would look alike. I've done it quick and dirty.
If it hurts your eyes I can kick it out - at least until tomorrow before our short trip. Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. This are astounding shots. You shoud try posting in Deviantart or in Flickr. Smile Or sell stock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots!
I like the b&w sky, so b&w is not a bad choice.