Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nFD Canon 50mm f3.5 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: nFD Canon 50mm f3.5 macro Reply with quote

I am really beginning to like using this lens with the A6000. Sometimes with a dumb adapter, sometimes with a speed booster.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 24 is nice too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed. But I have a Sigma 19mm, the FE28 and lots of 50s. So I find those three cover my typical needs. Occasionally I'll use long macro or a small 135 (like the Canon nFD 2.Cool to get some telephoto. And for manual focusing, a Sigma 10-20mm with a dumb adapter works well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own a copy of the nFD 50 macro and I loved it. It worked great for general photography as well as macro. When I began reacquiring Canon FD gear several years ago, the 50 macro was on my list. But I fell into an unbelievably good deal on the nFD 100mm f/4 macro, so I went with it instead. I think they're equivalent when it comes to sharpness and contrast. Who knows, I may still pick up an FD 50 macro if I come across another good deal.

You know what? What we need are more pics taken with the nFD 50 macro. So here are a couple of my favorites. These are duplicates of Kodachrome slides taken with my NEX 7 and a dupe rig that has a Nikon 55/3.5 macro at its heart.

Who says 35mm doesn't capture as much detail as digital, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I miss Kodachrome. There was really something special about it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss it too. I just always assumed it would be around when I wanted it. I mean, surely Kodak would heed Paul Simon's words!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the weather suddenly turned warm, I snapped this with the nFD 50 macro outside. Slight editing and crop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, but I think it has some movement blur, you typically need faster shutters or a tripod when shooting to get the sharpest pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Nice, but I think it has some movement blur, you typically need faster shutters or a tripod when shooting to get the sharpest pictures.

I agree. I was wandering around and it was very windy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind makes flower photography nearly impossible, trust me, I've tried many many times, and it's an exercise in futility, at best you might be able to time a lull in the flowers movement.