Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX way ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: NEX way ? Reply with quote

I am a Canon XTi shooter , but it seems that it doesn't fit me anymore : the bulk and weight are a bit too much and I need more a stealthyer camera, lighter and smaller , easier to carry .The DSLR is too obvious , there are places and situations where I was stopped to shoot ,being mistaken as a pro.
I am a bit concerned about the ability of the nex screen to focus in the sunny days.What do you think ?
But I have MD , fuji-X and rollei QBM mount lenses that are waiting for an APS-C sensor , and I hear that the high ISO is very good ,so it fits perfectly my needs.
How about the shutter noise?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu, poilu, poilu!!
What did the NEX do to you to deserve that unfair treatment? Wink

@yinyangbt: Don't worry! This is not the normal way you use a NEX!!!
The shutter is pretty loud, to be honest.
Try to use the search function here. There are several threads about the NEX already...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Thank you poilu I've seen it , but it's bigger than my XTi ! Laughing What I am iteressed is if it's at least as good as the G 9 screen that I am accustomed with .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nex screen is better than the one of G9.
For sun i use small pop-up shade but I'm really tempted to buy one of those huge things.

Have someone figured out from where i can get a perfect fit size finder?

The shutter is quite noisy .. if this is a big concern Oly Pen is much quiet camera (and it has a very nice and small EVF).

Overall the camera looks quite funny - you won't be mistaken with a pro anymore. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for next generation of NEXT they will come with EVF , that will be perfect. Another hint, look Samsung NX it has APS-C sensor, best back display and EV finder, bottle neck is adapter choices to NX.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks much better

Full thread here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1042&thread=38124924&page=1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen that as well, Ludo.
Seems to be interesting.

What I like about the huge one is that it is so easily removable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
What I like about the huge one is that it is so easily removable.

The one above should be easily removable too: the lens is glued to the shade, which clips on to the LCD edges. I'm tempted to do something similar for my DP2.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to go OT, but is there any reason you wouldnt consider an m4/3 cam? if you view some of the galleries here of m4/3 in all conditions and directly compare them to similar nex, you may not see much of a difference. i know that is subjective, but imo, i prefer m4/3 pix to nex in every condition. you may come to a different conclusion, but its worth the experiment.

as an aside, the olly evf is one of the best focusing tools ive ever used. the fact that it articulates makes stealth street shots that much easier, and i have never had a vf so easy to focus in low light.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 2 versions (self made)
lighter one is small (foldable) but not usable in sunlight, the sunshade is not enough, I see my eye and other reflections on the lcd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wait for next generation of NEXT they will come with EVF , that will be perfect. Another hint, look Samsung NX it has APS-C sensor, best back display and EV finder, bottle neck is adapter choices to NX.

The price is the biggest concern Sad Now , I can still find on ebay the nex 3 body around 200 E, wich is really a good price, I think .I couldn't afford the next nex Laughing (and not at least the nex 5)
Yes, the Samsung NX was on my mirrorless list , but
1) it's not that small ,
2) the high ISO isn't too good ,from what I've read and
3) the adapters available aren't too many ( or am I wrong?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case buy a used Nex-3 as I did and if you think okay, don't do anything else. If you will have focusing trouble as I have especially on day light , buy a tool what is makes it to easier. I still believe this big tube an awesome tool and very help full.
Friend of mine have all small ones Sony NEX-5, Olympus EP-1, Panasonic G1 and Samsung NX he prefer Samsung NX from all.
I prefer Sony NEX + Panasonic G1 due I have these cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
hate to go OT, but is there any reason you wouldnt consider an m4/3 cam? if you view some of the galleries here of m4/3 in all conditions and directly compare them to similar nex, you may not see much of a difference. i know that is subjective, but imo, i prefer m4/3 pix to nex in every condition. you may come to a different conclusion, but its worth the experiment.

as an aside, the olly evf is one of the best focusing tools ive ever used. the fact that it articulates makes stealth street shots that much easier, and i have never had a vf so easy to focus in low light.

Well , the m4/3 were of course on the list .The Oly Pen is good , I love the way it works and the body stabilisation , but I hate the 2X crop factor .
The images are good , in my opinion , the EVF is super , but the price does not fit with my pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i hated it too when i first started using it...now i dont even notice it. my favorite FL was always around 85mm, so now i have a lot of 100mm lenses! Very Happy not so much of a difference...

on the wide end, olly works really great with zenitar 16mm, super super sharp and great color, and 32mm. as for good low light, there are many inexpensive options including konica 40mm or my new favorite, kiron 28/2.0

is the nex really much less expensive than say the EPL1? i actually like the features of this better than ep2, that i have, because it has dedicated magnification button and built in flash, and i think is much cheaper....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

is the nex really much less expensive than say the EPL1?

I paid for my NEX3 with the SEL 2.8/16 a little under €350,- .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epl1 with kit lens is about $400usd, i think less than 350€...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving my little Nex Smile Great high ISO @ 1600 and usable at 3200 Smile Plus only a 1.5x crop and it's tiny!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I'm loving my little Nex Smile Great high ISO @ 1600 and usable at 3200 Smile Plus only a 1.5x crop and it's tiny!!

+1 I love your ex-nex Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, search for nex view finder, there are many option.
1 that make me shy. is this

from here
made by little boy DIY. I even not thinking about it Embarassed
other option,

from here

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK !!! I've done it ! Very Happy sold the Sigma 30mm 1.4 and ordered/payid a silver NEX 3 body .It should be here probably the next week . I've ordered also a MD/nex adapter for the beginning. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

+1 I love your ex-nex Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

yinyangbt wrote:
OK !!! I've done it ! Very Happy sold the Sigma 30mm 1.4 and ordered/payid a silver NEX 3 body .It should be here probably the next week . I've ordered also a MD/nex adapter for the beginning. Laughing

Good choice Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heloooooooooooooooooooo! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The Nex 3 arrived today ! No lens ,yet . I gave up buying the 16mm for now.
I ordered a MD/nex adapter , but it's not here , I suppose it's going to be here tomorrow . I have a lot of functions marked as "disabled " .Is this because the body doesn't recognise a lens (or adaptor) attached ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many functions are disabled if you shoot in RAW.
And you need to activate the function "shoot without lens attached" in the menu when shooting with manual lenses.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening tests handheld , for low light : 1600 ISO f2.8 Rokkor MD 28mm

And some tests with Fujinon X EBC 55mm/1.6 :

Fujinon X EBC 135mm/3.5 ISO 1600

Rokkor MC 24mm /2.8 1600 ISO