Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

News on the Cyclop, Helios 40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: News on the Cyclop, Helios 40 Reply with quote

Perhaps someone could translate the essence for us?

Russian: http://mf-lenses.livejournal.com/732142.html

Google-translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmf-lenses.livejournal.com%2F732142.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they still make ( or sell old stock) helioes - the price tag is around 200 EUR.

PS
this is what i found on the same site:

http://www.zenit-foto.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=595:-2012&catid=8:news&Itemid=104 - на фотокине будет представлен г40, телезенитар, фишай к, ТАИР (11й?) и какие то еще F90 и F114
Link
Thread - Reply
Thu, Sep. 13th, 2012 08:22 am (UTC)
photonew
Ага, в отделе маркетинга КМЗ, куда я сегодня позвонил, официально подтвердили инфу о выпуске Гелиос 40-2.
Дело обстоит следующим образом:
до конца года выпускается мелкая серия М42. Определяются с ценой.
В следующем году - будут выпускать с байонетами под никон и кенон.

So there will be a small batch on m42 made this year and Nikon and Canon versions next year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very inspiring news indeed! On the upcoming Photokina 2012 KMZ ltd is going to represent digital panoramic camera 'HORIZON DL-3', panorama cameras 'Horizon S3pro', new photolenses line MC 'Zenitar' (fisheye), cinema lenses line 'Optar', as well as lenses Tair, Zenitar-K, MC APO Telezenitar M, Helios 40, F90 and F114. There is no information still about the optic quality. But some sources are mentioning that new Helios-40-2-C will be produced under the same technical conditions (TU or ТУ in Russian) as the older ones. Well as per me, I believe that KMZ could easily fit auld lang optical quality. Also they definitely will get a much better quality assurance in the modern market environment than they had in USSR times. Well anyway let's wait for some news from Photokina which will begin on Tuesday, 18.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting news, I'll be keeping an eye on this. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I surely am interested in a new Helios for 200 Euro.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me to i would buy one if that price is correct

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the price is correct, you can see it in the shop vitrine. Unfortunately you can't buy it at that price as the shop does not have Helioses in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope they don't improve it to the degree that the characteristics we like go away.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Russian glass is something I'm very interested in. After I get some new Korean glass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Well, I surely am interested in a new Helios for 200 Euro.

If this is correct, it shows how silly the prices for used one are. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are silly indeed. As soon as a lens gets hype, common sense goes out of the window.

Incidentally, last time I bid on the Helios-40, my top bid was 157 Euros, which is remarkably inline with 200 Euros new price. http://forum.mflenses.com/helios-40-85-1-5-excellent-condition-100-2h-left-only-t51923.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything new on this subject? anybody purchased the new lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a new helios 40-2 in stock
the price is $499 delivered
please check
www.kievcamera.net
All lenses brand new made in December 2012, M42 version only
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for them to be sold factory direct and skip the 3rd party's that are reselling nearly double the new cost making them a large profit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the new price has been adjusted by the factory (which means that now you can't buy it new for $230 anymore even from the factory outlet). I also heard the factory is transitioning to MC versions of this lens (the first batches had similar coatings to the old H40-2, only the front lens had magenta colored reflections instead of all-yellow).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? I had not heard that, any word on an updated price? and availability of the new versions?