Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newly added to the arsenal... Sonnar 180 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Newly added to the arsenal... Sonnar 180 2.8 Reply with quote

Holy crap, you guys didnt tell me how much of a BEAST this lens is! I honestly don't know how you guys use this on the streat without a monopod.... This will deffinately take some getting used to. Any tips on using this monster???

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've held one, and I still want it.

On the plus side you are much more likely to end up looking like Shwartzenegger, so thats one benefit you can claim from this hobby.

Tips - I have one very heavy lens (Komura 400mm), in the weight class of the Sonnar. I'd say its mass is helpful in reducing shake.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will have to put the battery grip on the 400D in order to balance it out!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sonnar is really nice for hand-holding the Pentax 645 for me. The weight goes a long way toward reducing shake. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a bit hefty. Mine is missing its tripod mount ring, so a monopod is not an option.... but a lens that weighs that much is not very prone to high frequency vibration, so it's really not so bad.

That's it to the left, on the 400D body in my avatar photo.....

.... and here it is with its proper P6 body attached:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand held.
Always hand held.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will start drinking protein shakes and taking muscle builders before my outings Laughing