Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new toy :) - Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515 - is it from 1937?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: new toy :) - Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515 - is it from 1937? Reply with quote

today i went to local antiques market as usual, to look for lenses to use on my Oly , but came away with this little camera.
it's Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515 with Nettar-Anastigmat 75mm/4.5 lens and Telma shutter , serial number of the camera pressed in the leatherette is E76116. mechanically it works nice, i'll only have to clean the lenses a bit
i've looked around the web for information about this camera, and as far as i can gather it's from 1937...am i correct? if anyone has more information about it, i would love to know more

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice find. I seldom find cameras in the thrift stores, I think they all go straight on EBAY or the like.

Beautiful!

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, these are lovely little things, the 4.5x6 folders.
I have maybe 5 of them now, of various makes, one a 515 with a Novar in Compur.
They are hard to resist, but I must be strong !
I believe you are probably correct. This is pre-WW2 most likely.
Dating may be less cut and dried than many assume. Introduction dates are one thing, but production would have gone on after.
The ads in the Pop Photo issues available on Google have made me wonder. Some things that I thought were 30's things seem to have been in retail channels in the US in the postwar 40's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after little more poking around the web i think i can be sure that it's from 1937.
i've found a pdf of Zeiss Historica Journal with an article about Zeiss Ikon serial number
http://issuu.com/zeisshistoricasociety/docs/pdf_zhs_journal_spring_2008?e=10214701/6082424

it has this table in it