Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'New' toy today
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: 'New' toy today Reply with quote

Hauled this puppy home today.

Seems to work fine so far. Lamp lights, motor works.

4x5, 6x7 and 35mm carriers, 2 safelights, Nikor 50mm lens, two lensboards, compete and barely used set of 12 Ilford polycontrast filters, timer, and misc. sundry items as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a monster. They cost an absolute fortune back in the day!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one heck of a find. Now you can really put the RB67 to work.

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get a different lens first. It only has a 50.

But picked up some paper & developer (and trays) and am going to attempt some 35mm tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my lenses from an EBAY seller for a reasonable price for the bundle. I have some duplication, I will look through them. I don't have a 6 x 7 carrier for the Durst, but I have two 6 x 6, so I can cut one out.

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have something in the 90-135mm range, let me know. If I ever locate my old 645 negs, I may try to print some of those for S&Gs.

But.................................

It's officially................

..... my first wet print in 30-some years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! A great piece of kit at a bargain price and you've used it. Thats more than many others do here! myself included!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can imagine the "frisson" you felt inside you after all those years, in the moment the image begun to come...

Lucky guy, congrats for the "toy"!!!

Cheers,

Renato