Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Purchase...Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Chrome Nose lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: New Purchase...Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Chrome Nose lens Reply with quote

Plus a side by side with the 200mm f/3.5 Bright Band Lens and a group shot or two of the Chrome Nose Family!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are handsome rascals. But I must pose this question: are you thinking of a chrome schnoz for yourself? Lots of good plastic surgeons just down the road in Birmnigham ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Nice set!

Thanks Ron.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
They are handsome rascals. But I must pose this question: are you thinking of a chrome schnoz for yourself? Lots of good plastic surgeons just down the road in Birmnigham ... Very Happy

No chrome shnoz for me Paul. Besides I don't go to Birmingham unless made too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vivitars, but only own 3.

Who makes those with chrome beaks?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Chrome Nose lens very much. Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

They look to be Tokina made...I have several early Tokina made Vivitars & the distance scales are all in the red/white , feet/meter scales.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg, that is my take on B'ham, too. Medical trips are about all that get me there nowadays. I pass through a good bit going elsewhere ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all ever make it over to Atlanta?...I've only been to Alabama,right over the State line on I20 to get fireworks, except for a trip to Talledega Motor Speedway a few years ago...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,wow,wow! Very beautiful....samples please with the new one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

I believe they are made by Kiron. The Chrome nose 85-205 Zoom is an exact copy of my bright band 85-205 except for the chrome nose and the bright band one is a Kiron lens with the 22XXX serial number.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I love the Chrome Nose lens very much. Congrats!

Thanks Calvin. I do too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Dawg, that is my take on B'ham, too. Medical trips are about all that get me there nowadays. I pass through a good bit going elsewhere ...

Same her Paul. I take a trip to the Barber motorsports museum every now and then or pass through on my way to the Gulf or to Atlanta every now and then and that is all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
Y'all ever make it over to Atlanta?...I've only been to Alabama,right over the State line on I20 to get fireworks, except for a trip to Talledega Motor Speedway a few years ago...

I visit my friend Motorman every now and then Scott.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Wow,wow,wow! Very beautiful....samples please with the new one.

Hopefully tomorrow Jeff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a real nice set Dawg!

I hadn't planned on collecting anymore Vivitar's,since I have the Series 1 lineup from the late 70's to the early 80's,and most of the second generation TX lineup as well as many of the fixed mount lineup from the same era.

I didn't intend on collecting any Vivitars from the 60's,however I find this set of Vivitars quite unique...so you know what that means... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
That's a real nice set Dawg!

I hadn't planned on collecting anymore Vivitar's,since I have the Series 1 lineup from the late 70's to the early 80's,and most of the second generation TX lineup as well as many of the fixed mount lineup from the same era.

I didn't intend on collecting any Vivitars from the 60's,however I find this set of Vivitars quite unique...so you know what that means... Smile

Eureka!!! Happy DAY!!! I may have contributed to re-starting someone's LBA...... Boomer....you will like them...From their cobalt blue coatings to their Chrome Noses they are beautiful. Also the color saturation of the photo while using one of these is very reminiscent of my 35mm film shots from the 70's. Deep rich reds greens yellows and blues.