Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Nikon prime!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: New Nikon prime! Reply with quote

Forget the dissapointing D60, but keeping with the "60" theme - a new AF-S version of the Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8. (The older version was AF, needing a motor in the camera body).

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012908nikkor60micro.asp

The old and new lenses on Nikon UK site:
http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/645/overview.html
http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/1549/overview.html

Its a new design. The old one was 8 elements in 7 groups; the new one is 12 elements in 9 groups with two aspherics, one ED, and nano crystal coat.

AF-S means it has full time manual overide in AF mode, as well as a MF mode. Although, as a primarily AF lens, it doubtless has a short throw focus movement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj?rn R?rslett has some more details:

Quote:
Next is the newest addition to the Micro-Nikkor line up, the AFS 60 mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor ED G. The design is advanced and includes IF (internal focusing), ED glass, and aspherical elements. The lens goes directly to life-size (1:1) reproduction scale and has a fast and responsive AF operation. Not that AF is much of use for close-ups, but since this lens would do double duty for many end users as a portrait lens, fast AF ia an advantage. Also favourable for portrais and close-ups is the improved rendition of the out-of-focus areas, which was one of the weaker points of the former 60 mm Micro-Nikkor. A rubber gasket to enhance its weather sealing is present too. I will run a review on the new 60 mm Micro later when production samples become available to me. I did some shooting with the 60 Micro on the D300 and the results looked fairly impressive indeed. Exemplary contrast and virtually no chromatic aberrations, plus an almost perfect straight-line drawing were evident.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on price it may be an effective addition to a very very expensive macro line-up. I really like the idea that they have improved the OOF rendition, since that is the most important differential for me against my other OEM macros.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Depending on price it may be an effective addition to a very very expensive macro line-up. I really like the idea that they have improved the OOF rendition, since that is the most important differential for me against my other OEM macros.

And I hope that means something other than "we have curved diaphragm blades now, wow!". Which is good, but not sufficient.

From the Nikon US press release:
Quote:
A rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening allows out-of-focus background or foreground scene information to appear more natural.

No US$ price announced. ?359.99 / €538.00
I predict therefor a US price of $588 so its cheaper in the US like all their other stuff Confused

Last edited by ChrisLilley on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:

No US$ price announced. ?359.99 / €538.00
I predict therefor a US price of $588 so its cheaper in the US like all their other stuff Confused

OK I wasn't pessimistic enough.
Rob Galbraith quotes a price of US $549.95 (ie €381.28, 30% cheaper than in Europe)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nikon prime! Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
and nano crystal coat.

nanocrystal coat?? Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nano crystal coat" on plastic lenses help a lot ...
If I have this amount for a lens surely I buy an old Nikkor lens or a CZ or Leica lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nikon prime! Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
and nano crystal coat.

nanocrystal coat?? Surprised

New type of multicoating to reduce flare and increase contrast. Apparently. The new high-end Nikkor lenses have it (the 14-24 and 24-70 f/2.Cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

If I have this amount for a lens surely I buy an old Nikkor lens or a CZ or Leica lenses.

Which one?