Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New lens Auto rikenon 55mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: New lens Auto rikenon 55mm 1.8 Reply with quote

My new toy arrived this morning wrapped like this......but it survived!!

The camera that it was attached to earliest number for a camera I have had 33019...it's pretty rough but I love it that it is so old.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens is nice really, is camera in good shape also ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is showing signs of fine spots on the body/metal and the inside of the hinge has what looks like mold....I would love to clean it and just preserve it where it's at,so any hints on body cleaning would be appreciated.The shutter works well and looks clean.I have 4 of these now 2 donated to make a working body and this new one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am almost in 100% sure that your lens is made by Tomioka. I can confirm if you will show the picture of A/M switch. Just because all lenses 1.8/55 are good and verygood performers - I am expecting here something very good....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it is only half there..here are the pics.I have not found this lens on this site http://www.drricoh.de/Rikenon/index.html#RikenonM42lenses

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet looking lens. Should be a good one. Same kind of Manual-Auto switch on my Vivitar Black and Chrome lenses. Not the normal type of switch for a Vivitar lens either. May be my lenses were made by the same maker.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomioka has different looking switch compare to both as above, but the rest of Rikenon barrel looks like in original Tomioka.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Same kind of Manual-Auto switch on my Vivitar Black and Chrome lenses. Not the normal type of switch for a Vivitar lens either. May be my lenses were made by the same maker.

And the same as the switch on my chrome Auto-Yashinon 1.8/55 - this one seems to be made of something similar to Bakelite, and like MoFo's, it's snapped...

Last edited by Mal1905 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very interesting subject,I have used it so have to wait for the developing of the films and I will post the results asap.I have 3 1.8/55s a Fujinon,Super Tak and the Rikenon .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While searching for information on this lens, I came across this thread and thought I'd re-open it instead of creating another one.

Has there been any more info regarding this particular lens' origin?
Since it's not listed as one on the 'Ricoh' fanpage.
And its construction doesn't resemble the Auto Rikenon 50mm f1.7 or 55mm f1.4. There is a "family resemblance" between those, and as Tomioka-made.
Tomioka did make a 55 f1.8 for Mamiya/Sekor. This f1.8 is much lighter, suspecting no brass was used. And the rear end doesn't look like Tomioka construction.

I just found a copy of this lens. Also recently picked up a copy of a CC. Auto Petri 55 f1.8 M42, and its construction is different from this Rikenon. The Petri has some design cues to suspect Cosina. But what about this Rikenon (also offered as Auto Sears)?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more information that I know of,I had actually forgotten that I have this lens. Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought & sold these...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya, Ricoh, Pentax, Petri, Minolta and some more brands had a 1,8/55 mm lens. It seems that they are almost all the same lens.

Very good rendering. Medium contrast, a classic in the 60's way.

Very usable wide open and with the best at F/5,6-8.