Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Lens Acquisition. Vivitar 75-260mm 1:4.5 T4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: New Lens Acquisition. Vivitar 75-260mm 1:4.5 T4 Reply with quote

Very nice condition. Minor brassing, came with a M42 lens mount adapter.

Last edited by Big Dawg on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. Now to find it's TX brother.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be cousin to my Soligor 75-260/4.5

Same layout, same focal range, but different cosmetics.
Mine arrived with a dedicated M42 mount:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: SNAP! Reply with quote

I have just had a spring clean and apart from shame at the amount of kit I have collected - so many lenses now I have lost count...

I also discovered one of these. It had some strange adapter on it (which I did not realise) and only after seeing your picture did I discover that it came off to reveal the m42 screw mount - major embarrassment on my part.

Please use yours and post some pictures, to encourage me to try mine out!

Doug.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SkedAddled"]This must be cousin to my Soligor 75-260/4.5

Same layout, same focal range, but different cosmetics.
Mine arrived with a dedicated M42 mount:

More than kissin' cousins really but other than the type of grips used it is an identical twin. LOL Vivitar and Soligor had them made by Tokina at the same time period and for the life of me I can't see any difference in the photos from either. So pick your poison so-to-speak and choose either one for some nice photos.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: SNAP! Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I have just had a spring clean and apart from shame at the amount of kit I have collected - so many lenses now I have lost count...

I also discovered one of these. It had some strange adapter on it (which I did not realise) and only after seeing your picture did I discover that it came off to reveal the m42 screw mount - major embarrassment on my part.

Doug.

How about these....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: SNAP! Reply with quote

Is it my elderly failing eyesight, or are all but the first a bit 'soft'

I apologise if it's me!

Doug

Big Dawg wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:
I have just had a spring clean

and apart from shame at the amount of kit I have collected - so many lenses now I have lost count...

Doug.

How about these....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly. Not much sunlight except for the Ducks.