Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New History section in the Library section of the forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: New History section in the Library section of the forum Reply with quote

Hi
I have asked Attila if he could create a History section for all things photographic.It is now located as a sub forum in the Library section. I envisage it as an area where you can talk about facts/events in the history of photography.Not internet rumours as such but facts backed up with first hand experience or paper references.

http://forum.mflenses.com/library-f62.html

Any thoughts would be most welcome, I know many of you may have "pet" projects concerning a particular lens or camera system and have researched it.Sometimes it is nice to be able to share with like minded people. I hope you understand what I am getting at and feel free to use this section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent innovation and much to be welcomed !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody who knows of old threads that should go in the new section please provide link so it can be moved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: topics Reply with quote

The "technical" parts of the recent Planar discussion is a good candidate for moving to a history thread. The Kilfitt discussion as well.

I do not quite see, however, how to filter out the picture heavy bits which make some threads painfully sluggish on slow net connections -which at least I have when not at home.

Sometimes when the "contention rate" on a mobile net is high, anything beyond text is impossible to access. With fast connections, no problem, but do all potential participants have permanent access to cable or fibre ?

One method might be to include the old threads unchanged, but only encourage small pictures directly related to the issue at hand for new threads. Construction diagrams, copies of manuals ads etc. may of course be needed and sometimes, such as in the case of the out of focus concentric circles of the Kilfitt 90mm, part of a picture will be a necessary illustration.

p

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suposedly have a fast connection speed but the large forum pictures do take time to load....its a good point to perhaps limit the image size in that section.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dial-up internet is no better! Laughing