Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a square version

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well it's been past long enough for me to make a decision. I was hoping somebody would try doing some color correction -- which is what I did with this image -- but so it goes.

I liked almost all of the submissions, but I must give the award to Olivier for this one. I like the sorta sepia toned one for its aged look.

I need to apologize for submitting such a poorly exposed image. I checked the original slide and, as it turns out, it is in much better shape than the image I posted. Oh well. Considering what you had to work with, I think y'all did a good job.

So, Olivier, whatcha got?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you Michael.
Your image was fine like that as it demanded some work and thinking.

I have this one to propose you :

Sorry, I don't manage to upload it in the vertical way...
I feel there's something interesting to do with this one. Surely refine composition, maybe change format, or something else.
It's up to you. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something - I didn't quite know what to do with it...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Hughes.
Maybe this one would be better.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Olivier, I thought I'd give your scenic a try first. Really, it starts out pretty decent. Correctly exposed, focus is sharp, just the saturation is a bit soft. And then I noticed that a crop would be appropriate. So first thing I did was decide on an appropriate crop. And then, before adjusting saturation, I played around with Curves and Levels. I found the hard part was increasing contrast without blocking up the shadows, especially in that clump of trees on the far left. This was the big limiter for contrast adjustment. I came up with this:

I decided to stay with the crop, but this time I played around some with saturation. And got this:

Next, I dove into some of the presets that my image processing software has and found that the infrared preset worked pretty well.

And finally, once I had the image moved into monochrome, I found I could actually do some pretty cool things to it.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, well, I found the first image intriguing as well. So here's my take on it:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanl you Michael ! Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cropped, then used one of my Lightroom presets as a starting point, grad with added blue for sky, grad with added orange for the foreground, radial filter with reduced sharpness outside to focus on the girl riding the bike... hopefully gives it a more of an evening feel rather than midday...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... sorry for the delay.
For this least, last contest, I choose Snodge cycling girl version.

So, Snodge, if you wish, post a new contest. Wink