Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Edgar !
Please proceed. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hugh and Olivier. Smile

Here is this week's challenge:-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great shot Edgar. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

Thank you, but badly timed as there is a blade of grass overlapping the man's reflection. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Olivier wrote:

Thank you, but badly timed as there is a blade of grass overlapping the man's reflection. Rolling Eyes

I didn't notice it. Smile

What else would you like us to improve ?

Jan, you can correct your version and repost it if you want to suppress the blade of grass. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First proposal.
Slightly reframed, suppressed some distracting elements and worked on clarity, high lights, exposition.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I made this special one for you, Edgar. Very Happy

Last edited by Olivier on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and finally this old style one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think enough time has passed for this challenge. I like all the entries (even Olivier's 'special one' Confused ) but the winner is Jan with his second entry because he was able to remove all the foreground foliage which I felt was very distracting.
Well done Jan, now it's your turn. Smile

It's a pity so few of us regularly take part in this competition, it would be a lot better if more entries were posted. Sad
Has anyone any ideas how we can promote and recruit more contestants?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Edgar and congrats to Jan. Very Happy

That's interesting because we are working on good photos with not many issues and they are enhanced.

I was often wondering about post processing and tha fact that it could be a cheat.
I changed completely my mind after reading Ansel Adams books, as I discovered that he shot his photos with the negative and paper developments in mind. He did a lot of dodging and burning until he obtains what he had in mind when taking the photography.
I was impressed seeing a Yosemite initial proof print and the the final result after a lot of dodging and burning.
We can do the same today with softwares like lightroom, photoshop or others.

About promotion of this contest, I propose that we post a new topic for each new contest and that the author gives a short explanation of the subject and what he awaits from the contestants. Duration : a week ? Results given in the contest topic and the winner post a new challenge in a new topic but with link in the contest topic he won.

And we could announce the new contest in the photographer café and maybe in the MF lenses room which is very visited.

Jan what do you think of posting your new contest in a brand new topic, with link to it in this one ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest started out as fun showing just what could be done to change a pic with available software,unfortunately it has progressed to where it is now"how to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse" Too technical and picky and I do enough of that producing my own work for sale.In a nutshell no fun anymore. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
This contest started out as fun showing just what could be done to change a pic with available software,unfortunately it has progressed to where it is now"how to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse" Too technical and picky and I do enough of that producing my own work for sale.In a nutshell no fun anymore. Rolling Eyes

Thank you for your comment.
Kryss, what do you propose to bring fun back ? What would be fun to you ? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm a bit busy at the moment and would like if Kryss takes over... this way he also can show which kind of contest he enjoyed in the past and is missing now. I'm not sure if I got the right clue about..

Would you Kryss?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Jan.
Please Kriss, proceed to this new challenge. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,I am looking for creativity,use filters,solarization, whatever.There is an abundance of PP software to be able to provide your idea of art. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil painting version:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDR effect version:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the fluid look of oil,Ed Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Hugh Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one I call my 'LightLeak' effect: Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote