Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: New Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII Reply with quote

OK guys - who's going to be first...? Laughing

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos1dsmarkiii/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8000 Euros? Shocked I'm a simple man, not a capitalist.

Anyway I think now that my friend was wrong about the new 5D, I think this is the new full frame camera he was talking about, it fits the description exactly.

A nice dream - that's what it will remain for me.

Besides: still this hideous policy of pricing the Europe price higher than the USA price. All companies do that. I can't understand this. But a good reason to boycott.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
still this hideous policy of pricing the Europe price higher than the USA price.

This guy sources from the US - might be worth asking him for a price on anything you want:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA

I've used him before for a couple of lenses and he's usually pretty competitive - if you deal with him outside Ebay he's normally cheaper still. In the case of Canon lenses, they come with the international warranty so you can get them repaired etc. by the distributor in your own country - you also still qualify for any rebates as well.

Also, he doesn't remove things like hoods or protective cases from the package and then try and sell you them as "extras".....

It's pre-order only at the moment for the new 1Ds Mk III but once it comes online, you might see a few 1Ds Mk II being offloaded by owners as they upgrade, or retailers dropping the price to shift stock. I'm not sure but I don't think the 1Ds cameras have the same restrictions as the 5D when it comes to mounting MF lenses. At least I've never read anything anyway - it always seems to be about the 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I don't think the 1Ds cameras have the same restrictions as the 5D when it comes to mounting MF lenses. At least I've never read anything anyway - it always seems to be about the 5D.

You mean about clearing of mirror?
Well, that would be good although not decisive factor (I only have a problem with a couple of lenses on a total of many). And surely not enough reason to fork out 8000 Euros (Which I can not afford anyway).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked 21.1 MPix??? That's medium format resolution! Wow!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And imagine the storage space what need for these pictures in Raw Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
surely not enough reason to fork out 8000 Euros

Probably not, but then at least if one was well-heeled enough to buy it and had a nice collection of MF lenses, there wouldn't be any nasty surprises.

@ Carsten:

The Mamiya ZD is 22 Mp.

@ Attila:

I believe each camera is shipped with a 160 Gb hard drive instead of a flash card..... Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be enough for a couple of frames..... Wink