Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New book on M42 Pentax and Takumar in the making
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: New book on M42 Pentax and Takumar in the making Reply with quote

Hello Pentax aficionados,

I started writing on the second edition of my book.
It has been more than twenty years ago since the first edition appeared.
The new edition will be aimed more towards collecting and using old Asahi Pentax cameras and Takumar lenses.
Don't expect the book to come out soon.
It took me 7 years to write the first edition, but it won't take that long for the second.
To be on the safe side, the first print order will not exceed a few hundred copies.
If this is successful, a reprint will be done.
I hope you will be interested.

Gerjan van Oosten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: New book on M42 Pentax and Takumar in the making Reply with quote

Argos wrote:
Hello Pentax aficionados, ...

Hello Gerjan. What an exciting prospect. Would you drop in now and again and let us know how you are doing?

Best wishes with the 2nd Edition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gerjan,

Of course this is a very good news. I bought one of your signed copies some years ago and will buy the new version for sure. I am sure that there will be some things to discover, as now we are sure that some lenses exists, like the M42 versions of the 83/1.9 and 100/3.5 (I have both ones).