Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEOKINO Emil Busch
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: NEOKINO Emil Busch Reply with quote

I have this glass chunk with specifications 62,5/135m/m. Do you know how to translate it into standard lens specs? I mean 62,5 is what F value? Lens seem to be full frame / medium format friendly regarding flange (3-4cm space to 35mm SLR mount) and 5x5cm bright image circle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a splittable lens, 62,5 mm and 135 mm are the two FL if splitted or not; may you show the lens?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can see very similar 140mm: Click here to see on Ebay
I've had lens apart and front consist of two elements, the rear is only one thick. Together forming triplet.
You can unscrew from both ends. I am more inclined 62,5 is some other measure for F.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on this 1899 chart from wikipedia , the most likely candidate for an alternative f-stop marking would be one of the Zeiss systems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks. Zeiss (old)? I doubt lens is slow or more then F3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emil Busch were a lensmaker, so I strongly doubt it's made by Zeiss. The funny aperture just means it dates from before the standardisation of aperture values.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Emil Busch were a lensmaker, so I strongly doubt it's made by Zeiss. ....

I am not suggesting it was made by Zeiss.

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
.......The funny aperture just means it dates from before the standardisation of aperture values.

Exactly my point. They could have used the Zeiss system for marking lens apertures

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, I see. Smile Sorry for the misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have such a Busch Neokino cine projection lens as well - not at hand in the moment.
I think the 62.5 is the barrel diameter for the projector focus housing.
Even today this diameter is sometimes more easy to find than the real f-stop on cine projection lenses, visit Schneider Kreuznach website! And tody this 62,5mm diameter is still used.

I suppose a f-stop not far away from f/2 - f/2.8.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
I have such a Busch Neokino cine projection lens as well - not at hand in the moment.
I think the 62.5 is the barrel diameter for the projector focus housing.
Even today this diameter is sometimes more easy to find than the real f-stop on cine projection lenses, visit Schneider Kreuznach website! And tody this 62,5mm diameter is still used.

I suppose a f-stop not far away from f/2 - f/2.8.

Splendid. This clarifies it.