Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Neg Scans supermarket vs flatbed Vs camera Vs etc...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One that allows me to clearly discern the vast difference in quality between an Asda scan and a good scan.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you have proved Asda clips the highlights and shadows the irony is:- on a nice sunny day the Asda scan has made the picture warmer with a slight yellow cast and you have made it look colder with a slight blue cast Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Although you have proved Asda clips the highlights and shadows the irony is:- on a nice sunny day the Asda scan has made the picture warmer with a slight yellow cast and you have made it look colder with a slight blue cast Wink

There is no blue cast on my scan, it was shot in the shade of trees in the early morning, hence the light has that blue quality. The ASDA scan simply has bad colours.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..but still going back to my argument, unless you post in C&C most people would judge the quality of a shot as it stands and not what it could be. And I can't believe my shot taken with a Hex 50mm f1.7 that you would think:- hey if I scanned that with my Plustek I can get more shadow detail in the right leaf and so on.

Supermarket dev & scan either Teso or Asda..adjusted in PS for errors, Hex 50mm f1.7