Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need to clean the mirror on my 350D
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Need to clean the mirror on my 350D Reply with quote

Anyone know wich is the right procedure?
And the right chemicals to use?.
Thanks in advance,
Jes.


PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with Eclipse fluid but it leaves mark.
My best success so far I have obtained with Bril sheets (special moistened sheets used to clean eyeglasses). I can not find them in Italy, so Attila is my provider of them Very Happy


PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes
I never need to clean my mirror, only remove dust with a anti-static brush. But Eclipse should not leave any trace.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
But Eclipse should not leave any trace.


On my mirror, it does.
Mirror is not optical glass it's different chemical composition.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I tried with Eclipse fluid but it leaves mark.
My best success so far I have obtained with Bril sheets (special moistened sheets used to clean eyeglasses). I can not find them in Italy, so Attila is my provider of them Very Happy

Thanks Orio. These were quite popular in Spain some time ago, but now everybody uses microfiber fabric to clean the glasses...
I'll try to find them.
Best regards.
Jes.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hi Jes
I never need to clean my mirror, only remove dust with a anti-static brush. But Eclipse should not leave any trace.


Probably because you never tried to change the focusing screen. Even taking most of the reasonable cautions, one ends putting some dirt on the mirror...
Now mine is a nest of debris...
Best regards.
Jes.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
poilu wrote:
But Eclipse should not leave any trace.


On my mirror, it does.
Mirror is not optical glass it's different chemical composition.


I've seen some people on the net using a mixup of ether and alcohol.
Not sure if it could work. I've tried with isopropylic alcohol and at first it seem s clean but when dries all the marks do appear again.
Best regards.
Jes.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, go to a eyeglass shop and ask them the wet tissues to clean eyeglasses. You should see, they should work. And you can use them for your eyeglasses, too Wink


PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Jes, go to a eyeglass shop and ask them the wet tissues to clean eyeglasses. You should see, they should work. And you can use them for your eyeglasses, too Wink


Finally I got two boxes of "Bref", glass cleaning wet towels.
There are 10 individually packed towels in each.
I'll report how well they clean the mirror, once I test it. Wink
Best regards.
Jes.