Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need some fast lens fix advice!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: need some fast lens fix advice! Reply with quote

hey all

i have a chance to get a really really good lens for really really cheap, the only problem is that i am told the aperture stays open when the A ring is rotated. the ring stops at each stop, but blades stay open.

is this an easily surmountable, by that i mean inexpensive, problem to solve? i need to make decision on this in a couple of hours.

thanks!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many mf lenses work that way off-camera, FD/FL lenses for example need a lever moved before aperture ring couples with lens aperture. Unmounted M42 lenses without Auto/Man diaphram switch need diaphram pin depressed before aperture ring controls diaphram.

for example if M42 or FD/FL lens ask seller if aperture closes when ring is set to 16 and pin or lever is actuated...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please mention the lens brand and type too. This way you will get much better answers Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, sorry, its a cjz 135mm/3.5 m42 mount--not the fl scenario. this should work off camera, but doesnt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assumimg that the blades are simply dirty, and not badly damaged, it's quite easy to service this lens

http://www.aprd31.dsl.pipex.com/articles/czj135svc/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that lens have the A-mode pin like some M42-lenses do?

If yes and you have tried it and it still doesn't work, service should not be too expensive, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all; i ended up passing on it, the total wouldve been over $50 and i thought maybe if the pin was missing, i wouldnt be able to easily fix it...and i could get a non problematic one for maybe $90...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thank you all; i ended up passing on it, the total wouldve been over $50 and i thought maybe if the pin was missing, i wouldnt be able to easily fix it...and i could get a non problematic one for maybe $90...

I bought mine in the same condition. The most common problem is oil in the mechanism. Studleon sold me tired of this problem but is not. You just have to clean and no oil in the mechanism, but nothing. We must also clean the elements it is deposited, a small film of fat.
I hope my opinion will be used for this or other CZJ. All have the same problem.
Greetings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks franco, that was really good advice and i will keep it in mind in the future, most definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good lens but there are so many samples there's no point in getting one you know is broken at that price.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, thanks martin, i ultimately came to the same conclusion. sometimes i just get caught up in 'the chase'