Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help to fix a Tamron SP 90mm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Need help to fix a Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 Reply with quote

A couple of weeks back I sold my Tamron adaptall SP 90mm f2.5 macro lens on ebay because I was desperate for money.
It was in perfect working order and in very good cosmetic, mechanical and optical condition when I posted it and because I knew this I did not offer any return/refund policy on the auction.
A couple of days after I posted it the buyer emailed me to say the iris was'nt stopping down and that he had fixed it once already and it had gone again. And then he accused me of selling him a dodgy lens.
Understandably I was completely outraged by this and after a few emails back and forth he opened a dispute case with ebay. Several emails later, the case was escalated then eventually ebay made a final decision that he should send the lens back to me and I should refund him, despite my protests that he had broken it and no returns could be accepted as that would be illegal due to the conditions of the auction text.
The lens turned up a few days later and ebay automatically refunded him from my paypal account.
Now I'm stuck with a broken lens and no money again! Crying or Very sad
I have appealed their decision and I have been told I have to go to a police station to file a report about it and then send a copy of the police record to them, all within a week. This seems rediculous because who do I complain to the police about, the buyer or ebay???
Anyway I'm hoping I can fix the lens myself but I need photos or diagrams of the rear iris control mechansim, and what it should look like on a working copy.
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no returns could be accepted as that would be illegal due to the conditions of the auction text.

I believe the buyer is protected by 'eBay Buyer Protection' at all times. Unless you sell it as 'As is' or 'Sold as seen' and protect yourself with a vague description of the item.

As for photos/diagrams of the iris mechanism I did this Google search and found a little bit of info:

http://camerarepair.wordpress.com/category/tamron-sp/ (52BB version)
http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=14434

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, that's outrageous.

The more I use ebay, the more I realise the odds are stacked against the casual seller.

Best of luck with your repair.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your trouble , one more reason to try our Marketplace to stronger.