Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help on my NEXt purchase ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Need help on my NEXt purchase ;) Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just posted in the Cafe forum to give a shout out and what not

Anyway, my question is basically which NEX to get... I am an all film shooter right not, Used to have a nikon d90 but sold it... now I own probably 150 different MF lenses... you can see some in my signature. Anyway, I know a little bit about the NEX camera's... the nex-c3 looks like the one that matches my price range... but I am open to suggestions! of course I would love a NEX-6 but I dont want to spend that much on something that will lose value so quickly! which is exactly why I have film camera's and MF lenses... these babies just keep going up and up and up in price! and I love it!

So yea, I shoot manual focus, I light some street photography, outdoors usually, nature stuff, city stuff, no real portraits or macro or anything... just kind of a walk around town during the day and night shooting, or same thing just not in town but in nature type places...

I also would like to add if you guys know anyone with an NEX who may be up for a trade, let me know. but I dont want this to become a marketplace thing so just PM me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
street photography, outdoors usually, nature stuff, city stuff, no real portraits or macro or anything..

NEX3 is enough, its cheapest one. NEX6 has EVF which is not necessary for street shot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar lenses (a lot of Rokkor and Hexanon primes) and Nikon stuff. The Nikon stuff is probably easiest to get adapters. I'm curious what you end up with. I'm looking at the 3 but no viewfinder. I'm thinking it may be hard to focus without it? I don't know, hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

I can't wait to re-use all my primes. PIPE DREAM: Metabones adapter so my Hexanon/Rokkor lenses prime lenses will be same format for 35mm as with small sensor. It could happen man!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any NEX model would serve you well.

I've got the NEX-3 and the NEX-7 and I like them a lot.

The NEX-3 is the cheapest one. The newer ones are a little better, esp. their high ISO performance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

focus is a cinch on the Nex, there is a button which you press that gives a 7x or 14x magnified view making it easier to see. There is a function called focus peaking which puts a coloured fringe round whatever is in focus. I use yellow as it's easier to see. Piece of piss.