Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help identifying this mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Need help identifying this mount Reply with quote

I currently shoot with a Canon T6 and I want to adapt this lens to my camera but I don't know what kind of mount his is, any help would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying this mount Reply with quote

lr_photography_soflo wrote:

I currently shoot with a Canon T6 and I want to adapt this lens to my camera but I don't know what kind of mount his is, any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome.
It's a thread mount. Probably M42, M39 or T.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device on the left looks like it screws into the filter-thread on the front of an existing lens ... you'll probably need a "Series VIII" adaptor to fit your filter size. The other lens looks like a T2-mount lens, but without a mount ... I don't know of the availability of a T2 mount to fit your camera. A couple more pictures of the lenses, from different angles, might help confirm any identification.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sun hood appears to be of a Sankyo Kohki Komura lens, either 135/2.3, 200/3.5 or 300/5. If it is any of those lenses, the mount is bound to be m42. A quick google image search doesn't show any of those lenses having the same pattern of rings, as far as I can see. It could be a lens head designed to be used on a focussing mount like the Visoflex.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lens head for a Komura 200/3.5
No focusing mechanism, so probably meant for a bellows or something like that.
On the 200/3.5 the head can be screwed off.

There is an extension added to this one.
The actual lens head ends a bit after the second ring down (the second preset aperture ring).
The extension looks like one of the Komura interchangeable mounts meant for the telephoto series - 200/3.5, 300/5, 400/6.3, 500/7
In this series the basic lens with focus mechanism was made with M39 thread to go into a Leica Visoflex-style device, or indeed a proper Visoflex.

I was messing around with it on a Visoflex in fact, using a Nex-3 as a "digital Leica".

To be used with SLR's they were supplied with M39-SLR mount adapters. I have several.

I need to pull out my Komura 200/3.5 to check the lens head thread - it might me M39.

On many if not most Komuras the lens optics just unscrew directly from the focus mechanism.

No idea what the mount end is, but M42 is a good guess.

The hood is indeed the typical Komura triple-duty type

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call luisalegria.
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_3297.html

And the normal lens with helicoid:
http://www.lensshatterbyrattus.com/2017/08/sankyo-kohki-komura-200mm-f3.5-haze-2167378.html