Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need advise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Need advise Reply with quote

I'm am looking for a lens in the categorie from 135 to 200mm.
It should be used almost always on a bellows for close up/macro of butterflies flowers etc.
I have been searching a long time already for a http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/tele/A200f4-Macro.html
But I gues its almost impossible to find and if you find it the price is quitte high.
I'm sure there are older lenses that have also good qualities in this area.
I always work manual in this area so thats no problem. The lens should exist in M42 or Pentax bayonet. By the way I heard that older Nikon bayonets fit pentax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some Soligor and Tamron zoom lenses you get close-up capability up to 1:1,5!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about a Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 200mm f/2.8 MC with bellows or macro rings.

Guido

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 3.5/135 and I'm very, very satisfied.
I think that with the Sonnars You can never go wrong,
but in this ML there are many people more experienced
that can help You to do the right choose.

ciao.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Tamron SP and almost any Carl Zeiss Jena lenses are good choice, don't forget Meyer-Orestegor 200mm lens good as CZJ 200 Sonnar. You can find many samples in http://www.mflenses.com/gallery. You can also try many Russians Jupiter-137 or Jupiter-11A they are also good choice. If you need laser sharp lens pick-up Kiron 105mm f/2.8 macro or Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice:

If you are on a low budget:

135mm.: MC Jupiter-37A or MC Jupiter-37AM (you can find it for next to nothing, I paid my first one 7 Euros, today I got the Olympic version and I paid 22 Eur for the Jupiter-37, a Helios 44-2, a couple of skylight filters and an Agfa flash unit)

200mm.: Jupiter-21M (You can find it from Eur 20 to EUR 30 with a little patience)

If you can spend more, then:

135mm.: Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/135 terrific bokeh

200mm.: CZJ Sonnar 2.8/180 or CZJ Sonnar 2.8/200 (Which I have)