Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need advice about cheap flash unit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Need advice about cheap flash unit Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay
What you think about ?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but I can't help being a little suspicious.

I mean, the seller is from Hong Kong, and he wouldnt be the first scammer on ebay from Hong Kong...

Also, nowhere in his auctions he mentions anything about P-TTL, E-TTL or i-TTL, or whatever olympus uses for automatic flash exposure. Same goes for the flashes he's selling for the other brands.

I would definitly advise contacting the seller about these things first, and see how (and if) he responds.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice, thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why he says it's a flash for Olympus and the picture shows it mounted on a Canon. Confused

I don't know anything about Olympus cameras, but I would be VERY wary about mounting this flash on a Canon. Others know more about this, but I understand that if the discharge voltage is more than 11 volts it can damage the circuitry in the camera. The voltage is not given in the listing.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also very good point of view the voltage.