Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Necessity of Scanning software . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Necessity of Scanning software . . . Reply with quote

As my use of my Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner gets more and more frequent - I was wondering if people find the use of scanning programs other than the one the scanner came with necessary?

Jim

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
Yes. I use Vuescan and Silverfast Ai. Vuescan I feel is the best however it's like UNIX, A PITA to work with but it gives excellent results.

Silverfast is easier but more expensive. Silverfast is still very, very good anyway.

I never use Epsonscan.

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use Hamrick's other program as a basic image viewer (+resizer, converter etc) - Vueprint. I like the interface of it I'd probably use it.

The reason I was asking was because I don't know how big of an impact the adjustment for the type of film have. I was also wondering if somebody has compared the programs results side by side. Confused

Jim