Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Near lake - OM10 - Zuiko 50/1.8 - Agfa Vista Plus 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Near lake - OM10 - Zuiko 50/1.8 - Agfa Vista Plus 200 Reply with quote

Hi,

A few photos taken with Olympus Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, Olympus OM10 and Agfa Vista Plus 200 (Poundland Film).
I really like this lens and the body and apart from setting exposure compensation which is painful, everything works great.

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images, very good colors, reminds me of Fuji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's believed that this new Agfa Vista Plus 200 is in fact made by Fuji and is the same as Fuji c200. I really like this film a lot. It's cheap but still delivers very nice photos and as you said Fuji colours.

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you certainly know how to get the best results from Vista + ISO 200 ...well done

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well you certainly know how to get the best results from Vista + ISO 200 ...well done

+1

Lovely results.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, it means a lot coming from you guys.

What I don't know how to handle is Kodak Gold 200. I'm getting very badly results from this negative. I rated it at ISO 160 like I do with most 200 negatives, but people faces look terrible on Kodak Gold and I don't know why. Now I'm trying rating it at different speeds and shooting in very particular conditions to find out what I could do wrong. I remember that my father was using almost solely Kodak Gold 100 or 200 and the photos look great.
Any tricks or tips Wink ?

Mateusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Thank you, it means a lot coming from you guys.

What I don't know how to handle is Kodak Gold 200. I'm getting very badly results from this negative. I rated it at ISO 160 like I do with most 200 negatives, but people faces look terrible on Kodak Gold and I don't know why. Now I'm trying rating it at different speeds and shooting in very particular conditions to find out what I could do wrong. I remember that my father was using almost solely Kodak Gold 100 or 200 and the photos look great.
Any tricks or tips Wink ?

Mateusz

Well I'm out of date doing head and shoulder shots with Kodak Vericolor using 120 film many moons ago, and so for portraiture today it might be easier to change film.......many guys reckon Kodak Portra is very good but haven't tried it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Portra 160 waiting for special occasion as it's a little too expensive for casual shooting, at least for me. It's just in the last week I was watching photos taken many years ago by my father on Kodak Gold and I wonder if the film had changed or I'm doing something wrong Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result , I love them all!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous shots from that film and OM combo! Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys.

Mateusz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
I have Portra 160 waiting for special occasion as it's a little too expensive for casual shooting, at least for me. It's just in the last week I was watching photos taken many years ago by my father on Kodak Gold and I wonder if the film had changed or I'm doing something wrong Smile.

Well I look forward to know what you think of Portra esp for portraiture and skin tones. As for Gold 200 I've never disliked it for general shots and always had good results but it was\is a Joe public film and IMO would not be the best for facial shots...of course some one is going to show a portraiture shot with Gold and prove me wrong Laughing Rolling Eyes
Also more R&D was usually put into ISO 400 film so it wouldn't surprise me if Gold 200 hasn't changed much over years.