Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

National Media Museum, Bradford, UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: National Media Museum, Bradford, UK Reply with quote

Today I visited the National Media Museum in Bradford as there were two photography exhibitions that caught my eye.

From Back Home was an exhibition of prints by Swedish photographers Anders Petersen and JH Engstrom. They photographed the Varmland area in Western Sweden which they came from in a very intimate and stream of conciousness fashion. Life is documented from birth to death, more so in Petersen's photos which are of a consistent style. Engstrom's are a lot less consistent, in both arrangement and content. There are Polaroids along with black and white and colour prints showing more the youthful side of life there. The two photographers compliment each other despite being different.

In contrast was the exhibition "Land Revisited" by Fay Godwin, a recap of an exhibition held by her 25 years previously. There were many truly stunning landscapes from all over Britain. Her work seems in the vein of Ansel Adams and I was stunned by the sheer precision of it. Most of the landscapes are natural and there are many involving neolithic structures such as stone circles. Light and weather is used for dramatic effect, her photos of Heptonstall and Todmorden in West Yorkshire are great examples.

To anyone who lives in or plans on visiting the area soon, I'd recommend seeing these two galleries in the museum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not recognize you with your name change Very Happy
Sounds like they both are good exhibits.