Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mystery Lens - Optical design
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Mystery Lens - Optical design Reply with quote

Hi folks

I've been playing around with a small lens of unknown origins I found in my boxes of bits, it's in the form of a pair of optical blocks and looks to have come from some sort of machine. It was filthy so I gave it a good clean and in doing so, had to take it apart, so I sketched the optical layout, just out of curiosity.

The lens throws an image circle of around 25mm diameter and changing the spacing of the two blocks changes the focal length. With the two blocks placed together touching, the focal length appears to be around 20mm, moving them about5mm apart appears to change the focal length to about 25mm.

Anyways, the layout is unusual to my eyes, or at least, the back half is, the front is similar to a typical modern wide angle. In total, it has 8 elements in 8 groups.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar before or had any useful comments.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-mount? Looks like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265737712642

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got a similar exterior shape, there's no mount or barrel, it's just the optical blocks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Lens - Optical design Reply with quote

The first lens in the world where all surfaces are aspherical! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really are a pathetic, obnoxious, trolling scumbag.

Didn't you understand the word 'sketch'?

Clearly you have nothing sensible or useful to contribute, so just fuck off and go harass someone else.