Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
My Vintage Voigtlander 'AVUS' plate camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: My Vintage Voigtlander 'AVUS' plate camera Reply with quote

I did a Video on my Voigtlander 'AVUS' 9x12cm plate camera I show a glass plate and 120 rollfilm back and an actual darkroom print taken with the 'Skopar 13.5 cms f4.5 lens' -- you can see it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzJNMUvr5z8

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this video Pete! A true eye-opener for a young enthusiast like me. I almost picked up a Moskva V (Zeiss copy - folding 6x9) for 120 film but they're pretty complicated with limited options for exposure, not to mention costly! Large Format plate photography, though... well that's on a whole 'nother level! I think I'll stick with my SRT. Laugh 1

I'd love to see some images produced from the camera. Is it possible to scan any of the smaller enlargements that you've made?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for viewing that Video -- well, I had some 6x9 format transparencies taken with it years ago but they all got dumped on the orders of Wife No. 2 with most of my 1970's-80's press negatives -- I have no more to scan at the moment. as my scanner will not fit the larger 9x12 cms negs.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting video. Nice looking camera, too bad about the broken glass.
Thank you for posting this.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Thanks for viewing that Video -- well, I had some 6x9 format transparencies taken with it years ago but they all got dumped on the orders of Wife No. 2 with most of my 1970's-80's press negatives -- I have no more to scan at the moment. as my scanner will not fit the larger 9x12 cms negs.

No worries!