Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My UV Topcor Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: My UV Topcor Team Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection , congrats! Do you use these lenses ? With film ? or may with an adapter ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
I intend to use the UV-Topcor lenses on a digital Canon EOS with homemade adapter to M42.

I have found a non-working body UV-Topcon (UNI) to use the UV mount with aperture ring.
Also found appropriate mount with M42 thread (from the lens Photax-Paragon 2.8/135mm).
The diameter of the part with the M42 thread (left on the picture below) is 6.00 cm, the diameter of the part with the UV mount with aperture ring is 5.90 cm (right)
How did you determine the thickness of the part with the M42 thread ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, look forward to seeing samples. Years ago I bought a broken Uni body to make an adapter. Removed the mount, put it in a 'safe' place....

Still can't find it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFD of UV Topcons is around 54 mm (internet; but you can measure for yourself). M42 is 45,46 so complete adapter should be 8.54 (from M42 base to Topcons bayonet lugs).

How to measure FFD? Put piece of film in camera body, use bulb time to open shutter and then measure from lugs to film using callipers (Tail part - not sure for correct Eng. name of that part of tool).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool. I love chrome. :0)