Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My three favorite rangefinders.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: My three favorite rangefinders. Reply with quote

These have become my "go-to" rangefinder rigs. The 40mm f/1.7 glass on the Vivitar ES is very sharp. A design collaboration between Minolta and Leitz.

Really nice viewfinders on the Oly RC and Canon QL-17 GIII. Lately, I've been shooting with the Oly RC.

Russ

Thanks
Russ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My three favorite rangefinders. Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
These have become my "go-to" rangefinder rigs. The 40mm f/1.7 glass on the Vivitar ES is very sharp. A design collaboration between Minolta and Leitz.

I have mixed feelings about old rangefinders. They've been unreliable or not working in my experience. I have a Minolta 7sII (dead lightmeter and frozen self-timer) of which the lens never failed me and is easily the sharpest I own, but where did you read that the lens is designed by Minolta, let alone Leitz?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar 35ES is a sibling of the Revue 400ES, Minolta Hi-Matic 7S-II, Prinz 35ER and Konica Auto S3.

They were made by Cosina, including the lens. Which doesn't make it a bad camera, the lens is outstanding!

I think you're mistaking the Minolta / Leitz CL (E) rangefinders with this one.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangefinders with bridge Circuits.

I have read on numerous occasions, that quite a few of the older rangefinders have circuits that automatically compensate for voltage difference with batteries. Is this true? If so, are they listed somewhere?

Russ