Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Takumar collection ( from 15 to 1000mm )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received today in just 5 business days Shocked

The small toy is the 400/5.6, front dusts are 50/1.4 and 18/11 Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratultions! (I have S-M-C 500/4.5 too)

Lots of folks complain of CA; I don't see too much. I think maybe those are non S-M-C version.

On mine infinity focus is exactly at helicoid stop; yours? I read someplace (before I was keeping good bookmarks Sad) each and every one of the 500/4.5 were factory calibrated.

Monster 3.5Kg lens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did only 3 tests shots handheld, but weather was cloudy, I'll better test it later. I didn't test infinity, but the Screwmount Guide says that the lens can be focused beyond infinity to compensate expanding and shrinking caused by temperature Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 500/8 vs. Takumar 500/4.5 :

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to show only a few rare ones, since I guess, some may have never seen those in their life.
I started collecting (and using them) when I started working on bee / insect vision and their ability
to see ultraviolet (UV) light, needing special non-glass lenses to allow for that.

This is the fully color corrected Ultra Achromatic Takumar 4.5/85mm (for UV, VIS, IR!!) supplied with
special UV + IR filter set (about 20 know to exist):

and here an even more rare prototype version w/o full lettering (about 3 known to exist):

and this is its predecessor the Quartz-Takumar (uncorrected), also with special filter set (maybe 5 lenses known to exist, of those 2 sets, 1 full)

That is the 300mm Ultra Achromatic Takumar, even rarer (about 5 known to exist)

Here now a very special one, known to be made for the Swedish Police, the 5/135mm Quartz Takumar (only one known to exist):

The text on the box (now looking much better after some intensive loving oil care) reads:

Japanese
--------
Shigaisen-yoh-Suisyo-Renzu
Asahi-Kogaku-Kogyo-Kabushiki-Gaisya
Syowa 37 Nen 10 Gatsu Sei

English
-------
Crystal Lens for Ultraviolet Rays
Asahi Optical Industry Company
Manufactured in October, 1962

(Thanks to my friend Michio Akiyama from REDBOOK for translating it)

Unfortunately these highly specialized lenses are no longer made.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Klaus! Asahi really made some interesting stuff back then.

Here's my wartime Asahi Optical Co. trench periscope. Not a lens in the true sense of the word, but definitely interesting too. I have yet to come across another wartime AOCo item.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already saw your pics of the 135/5 on an other topic. It is rather hard to believe that even if shown in sales books, these lenses can be counted with the hand Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I got the zebra Auto Takumar 55/1.8 Very Happy Far from mint condition, as the front ring is missing, but I'll be able to wait for an other copy Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - it's one of the best-looking Takumars in my opinion, and the fact that it's the only zebra Takumar ever makes it even more special Wink

CarbonR wrote:
Now I got the zebra Auto Takumar 55/1.8 Very Happy Far from mint condition, as the front ring is missing, but I'll be able to wait for an other copy Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got today : an other Asahi Kogaku Takumar 58/2.4, but complete, withe caps and case Very Happy but I missed the cased hood that the seller listed too Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a second Zebra Takumar !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this : 280448320369 Asahi Kogaku Tele Takumar 135/3.5
Too expensive for a 135/3.5 I already have (the Takumar preset has the same optical formula) ? I noticed this : see the rear cap : it's an M42 cap. See the rear part of the lens : it looks like to be an original M37/M42 Pentax adapter, which is likely to value almost the bid itself, not including the lens
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's the original adapter. Congratulations! Sadly I lost my one in Hong Kong when it was copied; the machine shop made a mistake and they now refuse to return the original adapter Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd story, it was hk300 or a stranger factory ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course this went through Alex, but the machine shop made the mistake...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not charge Alex of course, but if it was a totally stranger factory, they might say that just to keep the adapter Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have the Zebra in my hands. Indeed, this is a very good-looking piece of mechanics Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssstt... I have a Zebra 2/55 Super-Takumar Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just polish it to get the zebra Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really bought it this way; don't know what the former owner did with it... It's actually very well done.

Bad picture:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems indeed well done, but the aperture ring had been forgotten Confused

BTW, between the 5 lenses (Auto Takumar 55/1.8 zebra, Auto Takumar 55/2, Prinz galaxy 135/3.5, Elicar 23/3.5, Hanimex 300/4) I received tonight (I wasnt at home), I have one which achieve an hard-to-do thing : be smallest than the Takumar 135/3.5 : same 46mm filter, but shorter of something like 5-10mm. This is a preset Prinz Galaxy 135/3.5 lens (likely triplet lens), aperture has to be serviced, but it looks like if there are ~18 blades Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a picture of the Prinz Galaxy; this brand is very common in The Netherlands but I always seem to find the later ones. If all elements are on the front of the barrel then you can be sure it's a triplet indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miscounted : there are 7 reflections, so probably a 4/3 lens design (rear lens is approx at 2cm in the mount). I'll take and post pics tomorrow or monday Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics :

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought today in a shop : SPF + S-M-C 55/1.8, Stak 24/3.5 Very Happy I'll not keep the lenses (maybe I'll keep the 55 then resell my current copy, as lenses are in near mint condition), but at the moment, I've no more than 85 lenses in my room (including 39 Takumar 24x36 lenses in the collection), and I'll just go to the post office, maybe I'll get my 135/4 6x7 macro Very Happy

I've also received, with a fungused 135/2.5 V2, an AOCO leather case, I'll post a picture, I'm wondering for what lens it is, as it is rather small, maybe for 50/3.5, 58/2.4 or the Takumar 35/4 Very Happy