Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My roll for 5th of May challenge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: My roll for 5th of May challenge Reply with quote

Minolta X700 with Minolta 50mm f1.4 on Fuji Pro 160S expired 2010
Was a good day despite the rain and dreary cloud cover. Drove down to Fremantle for the day, started of down at the old abandoned power station, then made our way into the town of Fremantle, then finished the day by making our way up to Reabold hill.

I hope you enjoy. Very Happy

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

21.)

22.)

23.)

24.)

25.)

26.)

27.)

28.)

29.)

30.)

31.)

32.)

33.)

34.)

35.)

36.)

Last edited by Hood on Mon May 07, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, superb quality from the 160S, all nice and my favs #4#5#10

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I like all the urbex shots.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really great shots and the colours are brilliant, Hood. For some reason, my favourite is the dead car.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good and what's important is... the shots are interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 would be a good Tuesdecay photo on Google Plus.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fish level and the lolly shop best. I find the dereliction in the urbex shots quite depressing - just a personal thing, I guess that has a lot to do with my profession caring for old buildings. Some of the landscape shots would be better with level horizons I feel.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 - the absolute best of the series, 10 - for the framing and the great color, 27 - its a motorcycle

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great series, superb quality from the 160S, all nice and my favs #4#5#10

Cheers, yes I have to agree that the 160S has performed very well, especially considering it is 2 years expired. Wink

Yebisu wrote:
Great stuff. I like all the urbex shots.

Thanks mate, yes I like these too. Most of my work has been of 'pretty' things, so this stuff from the abandoned power station is a nice addition to my work. Would be good to shoot some bands in here I think. Very Happy

skida wrote:
Some really great shots and the colours are brilliant, Hood. For some reason, my favourite is the dead car.

I like the dead car too. Very Happy

Excalibur wrote:
Very good and what's important is... the shots are interesting.

Thanks mate. I'm glad I did not bore you with my series. Laughing

David wrote:
11 would be a good Tuesdecay photo on Google Plus.

Haha, not sure what that is...but thank you. Very Happy

peterqd wrote:
I like the fish level and the lolly shop best. I find the dereliction in the urbex shots quite depressing - just a personal thing, I guess that has a lot to do with my profession caring for old buildings. Some of the landscape shots would be better with level horizons I feel.

I get the feeling about the dereliction. That is why I tried to break the roll up after that with some nice colours.
I had to shoot the fish level, this was the level we were parked in, in the parking complex. haha
I just loved the lime green painted wall. Very Happy

mmelvis wrote:
3 - the absolute best of the series, 10 - for the framing and the great color, 27 - its a motorcycle

haha, I'm glad you liked the bike. I love shooting bikes. Thier owners always take such pride, that they are always clean and polished and just glistening in the sun! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
27 - its a motorcycle

No it isn't - it's a Hyosung - it's like a motorcycle. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, to true. Laughing