Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new favorite, not a MF lens ....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: My new favorite, not a MF lens .... Reply with quote

Recently I bought a Canon EF 70-210 f/3,5-4,5 USM for 100 euros, and it has been on my cam all the time since then. Not because of the AF Wink but because it is a surprisingly good piece of glass!

Some examples:

Good sharpness and color, and just a fun lens to use.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: My new favorite, not a MF lens .... Reply with quote

Stay away from the Dark Side of the force, Luke....

Smile Smile

tot ziens!

Doug.

eeyore_nl wrote:
Recently I bought a Canon EF 70-210 f/3,5-4,5 USM for 100 euros, and it has been on my cam all the time since then. Not because of the AF Wink but because it is a surprisingly good piece of glass!

Some examples:

Good sharpness and color, and just a fun lens to use.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: My new favorite, not a MF lens .... Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Stay away from the Dark Side of the force, Luke....

Smile Smile

tot ziens!

Bedankt! Very Happy

The presence of a focus motor doesn't determine the quality of a lens Wink ... that is the glass and the build.

The build of this lens is inferior to what I know of older lenses, but the glass quality is very good for a budget lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that many "budget" lenses take great photos as long as you stop them down to F5.6-11 & are aware of any tendencies to flare that the lens may have & take that into consideration when composing your shot...I tend to buy a lot of budget lenses just to try out & see which ones are "sleepers"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I've found that many "budget" lenses take great photos as long as you stop them down to F5.6-11 & are aware of any tendencies to flare that the lens may have & take that into consideration when composing your shot...I tend to buy a lot of budget lenses just to try out & see which ones are "sleepers"

The nice thing about this lens, is that it is already fairly good wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it renders the OoF areas rather nicely Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This indeed is a (not so) secret gem.
I have been looking for one for quite a while now and either they were in poor condition or much too expensive.

Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have been looking for one for quite a while now and either they were in poor condition or much too expensive.

Congrats!

Oh well ... 100 euros isn't really too expensive for this lens, I guess. The previous owner took very good care of it, considering the shape it is in.

Of course it is not built bullet-proof like a Takumar of Tokina metal lens, but it's also a lot lighter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Congrats!

Oh well ... 100 euros isn't really too expensive for this lens, I guess. The previous owner took very good care of it, considering the shape it is in.

Of course it is not built bullet-proof like a Takumar of Tokina metal lens, but it's also a lot lighter.

No, €100,- is a very good price. The ones I was watching went far beyond that.