Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new fast 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: My new fast 50mm Reply with quote

And by fast I mean speed. (like Fast & Furious).

Got a fungus-ridden Tamron few years ago from member Jes (thank you!) as a project to try and clean it. Couldn't really do it , mechanism is way too complicated. But I got the first two lenses group off easy. It makes nice looking glass. Or a strange 50mm lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last shot reminds me of a Lensbaby.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My new fast 50mm Reply with quote

Just destroyed literally an old Sigma 28-200, and this is the front element. I also tried with other similar part and looks like all have tendency to lensbabing. A kinf of zoom blur in the periferic. Also I noted tilt-shifting is not so hard to do (never tried it, dont have TS lens).

Here the first is at 100cm distance, the second at 200cm, ISO 1600, speed 1/750. I think to use this for art nudes, while in the center is not useless blurred. DOF is almost missing handheld the lens, will try to invent an adapter and helicoid, unfortunately on ebay there are no such diameters.

Sorry uploading not working

http://i.imgur.com/IFuVDGO.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My new fast 50mm Reply with quote

baychlen wrote:
Just destroyed literally an old Sigma 28-200, and this is the front element. I also tried with other similar part and looks like all have tendency to lensbabing. A kinf of zoom blur in the periferic. Also I noted tilt-shifting is not so hard to do (never tried it, dont have TS lens).

Here the first is at 100cm distance, the second at 200cm, ISO 1600, speed 1/750. I think to use this for art nudes, while in the center is not useless blurred. DOF is almost missing handheld the lens, will try to invent an adapter and helicoid, unfortunately on ebay there are no such diameters.

Sorry uploading not working

Images don't show on first post, it's an anti spam measure.

http://i.imgur.com/IFuVDGO.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
The last shot reminds me of a Lensbaby.

Sounds like MIke Myers! Yea Baby!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just gave me a diabolical idea! I have a similar component from a Pentacon Prakticar zoom lens (80-210 ?). Thats my Evening buttoned up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you did something useful with it Like 1